Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Happy Camper breaks cherry

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:08 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy Camper breaks cherry

...I'm the happy camper and my new front loader/backhoe broke it's stump cherry!

I hauled this Kioti tractor back from Oregon and been having a ball with it. It's small, but strong, and is on it's way to getting broke in. Dug a bunch of holes for new tree plantings and it dugout it's first stump. Woot!

New Arrival!

Root Bustin'!

Hanging Trophy!

Throw it in the woods!

Luv the backhoe, doen't need as big a hole as da' dozer!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:24 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why is it Rex that ya can get the same new Tractor several k less in Oregon Than Washington? It's more than just taxes.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Washington has a tough tax structure on business -- it's the reason Boeing moved their headquarters to Chicago. We've been called one of the least business-friendly states in the union.

This tractor cost over $1K less than in Washington, plus over $2K saved in sales tax. Cost ~$170 to rent a trailer (didn't take mine wasn't sure was going to buy a tractor), compared to the $2 a mile *gasp* that Haulers wanted. But Oregon has an income tax we don't.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:03 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Makes sense. Thanks Rex. One more reason for staying here.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:17 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
LOL, we still pay a lot less for about ANYTHING than it is in Alaska. They have a more lax welfare system though.

Just ask my sister in Sutton, sometimes strains to make ends meet on $80K a year.

Criminy, forum's getting too slow to use, back later

Last edited by RexB; 06-02-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:24 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
So true So true. But a Grand a year per person per household nets me 4k or better so that and all the seafood and venison a man can eat helps. Gota go chase another deer out the yard. Momma gets mad when they eat her Putulips.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess it all boils down to 'we do pay for our government services!'...Each state just has a different way of getting the funds. Some states have no income tax, but their sales tax is high...ETC

Bottom line is 'WE PAY' for the services we get or think we get.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by arctic y block
So true So true. But a Grand a year per person per household nets me 4k or better so that and all the seafood and venison a man can eat helps. Gota go chase another deer out the yard. Momma gets mad when they eat her Putulips.
Send 'em this way...I will make them very welcome at the dinner table!

Old 06-02-2007, 05:17 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Be better Mike ta just come up around the first of August (opening day) and take back all the sweet Venison and fish ya could ever want.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:04 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Don't let me interrupt your joyous celebration over a new tractor...

PS: Venison Chili is da' best!

Last edited by IB Tim; 06-03-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Be better Mike ta just come up around the first of August (opening day) and take back all the sweet Venison and fish ya could ever want.
Hmm, fresh venison........
Can I quit my job and come live in the woods?

Rex, I wish I could afford to get a tractor like that. I just rented a Cat 216 skidsteer for the day, $250 delivered, to re-do my yard. I still have more to do, but I'm done with this for the day.
It would be nice to drag a box blade across this place, and smooth it out a bit.

Last edited by Ford_Six; 06-02-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:14 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
This buy almost put me in the negative column, but worth it so far it's a hoot! Y'know a box blade would do wonders... I "wish" that I'd spent more time dragging this bare ground after first clearing it, but the dozer tracks just ripped it up again and the tractor rentals were adding up too fast at that expensive time of life (clearing,constructing,trenching, bringing in power and a well and septic system, etc ad naseum.)

Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RexB
This buy almost put me in the negative column, but worth it so far it's a hoot! Y'know a box blade would do wonders... I "wish" that I'd spent more time dragging this bare ground after first clearing it, but the dozer tracks just ripped it up again and the tractor rentals were adding up too fast at that expensive time of life (clearing,constructing,trenching, bringing in power and a well and septic system, etc ad naseum.)
Even if you did go negative on the purchase, you would not be the first guy that did so over a new toy...LOL

Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Yea really...but I haven't gone negative since was about 30yo. Saved my pay, didn't buy many toys, got lucky in stock market and am almost 'driven' to pay cash for everything, including this place.

If i could just get the guv'mint to do the same...

Time to start making noise on the Coyote soon, It's a Hoot!...er...Howl!

Old 06-03-2007, 10:51 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
I am So Jealous. But there is an old Ford That looks like an 8N here that dates back to WWII with a Back Hoe and Bucket for $500. Haven't got the mag to fire to see how she runs. Nor do I have the 5 bills. A friend has been playing with it as he is the one that finely tracked down the owner that now lives in the lower 48. I suppose I will go pull the Mag and bring it to the shop to overhaul. The friend wants to go in together to get it. He pays for it, I get and keep it running and we both use it. But I am trying to convince him that if we just sold it to a Collector that I know in Shelton for 5k plus our time and expense to ship it to him that we could get something that would work a lot better. This one needs to be restored and just taken to shows. The Collector said it may well be the oldest Ford 8N left.

Quick Reply: Happy Camper breaks cherry