Computer Chips & Tuners  

Edge with Attitude, or Evolution (for 6.0 PSD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beerstalker
If you like the looks of the Attitude/Evolution then maybe you would be interested in the MSD Dashhawk. It is the same form factor (even fits in the Edge A pillar or overhead mount), plugs into your ODB II connector and gives you digital guages. Here is a link to it on MSDs website.
http://www.dashhawk.com/features.html

I am currently working with the MSD software engineers to help get more parameters working on the 6.0L. I have been updating this thread with our progress.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...e-display.html
Oh sure, NOW you tell us. ROFLMAO!!

Then you can get an SCT Excal II to do your tuning. That's pretty much what I plan on doing. BTW the Excal II comes with three tunes on it. However, for the same price you pay at most other dealers you can get it from Long Island Performance Diesel along with thier custom tunes that supposedly run awesome. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Matt @ LIPD ROCKS on the 6.0L. I think he's blown 3 or 4 engines apart now just seeing what the limits on it are. I originally went with Eric @ Innovative Diesel who was around before Matt and LIPD. I like his tunes alot so far too. I just purchased a new Pro-Street 64 turbo from Matt and he's writting me some new tunes to go with it. I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!! lol Should all be on and running next week!! BTW- They went OUT OF THEIR WAY to try and get the turbo and mounting kit together and to me for a race this weekend, but UPS overnight failed them and me. I called on Wednesday morning and the turbo was here this am. They had to get a pedestal to mount it from a place in Canada. That's where the failure came in. I gotta give props to Matt and Jeremy for working overtime trying to get a kit together in just a day and send it to me!!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 6L PWR
Oh sure, NOW you tell us. ROFLMAO!!
Hey, I bring it up every now and then and try to keep people updated. I haven't got too much response in my thread about it though, so I don't bring it up too often. Now that we seem to have Tranny and Oil temp working I think a lot more people are going to start being interested in it. EGT should be working by the end of this summer too.

Originally Posted by 6L PWR
Matt @ LIPD ROCKS on the 6.0L. I think he's blown 3 or 4 engines apart now just seeing what the limits on it are. I originally went with Eric @ Innovative Diesel who was around before Matt and LIPD. I like his tunes alot so far too. I just purchased a new Pro-Street 64 turbo from Matt and he's writting me some new tunes to go with it. I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!! lol Should all be on and running next week!! BTW- They went OUT OF THEIR WAY to try and get the turbo and mounting kit together and to me for a race this weekend, but UPS overnight failed them and me. I called on Wednesday morning and the turbo was here this am. They had to get a pedestal to mount it from a place in Canada. That's where the failure came in. I gotta give props to Matt and Jeremy for working overtime trying to get a kit together in just a day and send it to me!!
That seems to be the norm as far as their customer service goes. Every now and then I think they get a little overwhelmed, or have something happen that makes them hard to get hold of, but other than that they seem to be awesome. I definitely plan on sending them some business in the near future.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 AM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
JohnnyAirtime,

Beerstalker and 6L PWR are giving you some good advice. The 6.0 & Torqueshift are particular about power increases. After years of in field use by many owners of the 6.0 the only way to safely increase the Hp & Torque on the 6.0 & Torqueshift is with a "tuner" with custom tunes. Old school "chips/inline fuel modules" (Edge, Banks, Dr. Performance, etc) are bad news for the 6.0 & Torqueshift. The quick change button on the "chips/inline fuel modules" may seem an easy way to go but it is a quick way to damage your engine and scatter your transmission. The majority of Torqueshift transmission problems reported in the 6.0 forum are directly tied back to running "chips/inline fuel modules" and the Edge Juice/Attitude & Banks are two of the worst offenders.

You want electronic readout of engine conditions ie, EGT, oil temp, trans temp etc, this is no problem, get and electronic monitor.

A Quadzilla Commander for your gauges Only and an SCT XcalII with "custom tunes" for your performance side. www.quadzillapower.com/products/commander.html

The only tuner to get for the 6.0 & Torqueshift is the SCT XcalII with "custom tunes". Get your SCT XcalII with custom tunes from Matt (PSD 60L Fx4) at LIPD or Eric at Innovative. They are the leading 6.0 & Torqueshift tuning gurus.
www.lidiesel.com
http://ophion.site5.com/~dieselta/store/

Either Matt or Eric can set you up with an SCT XcalII with custom tunes and a Quadzilla commander as a package set.

Also if you don't want to go with the Quadzilla commander for a monitor, Bully Dog has the "Outlook" monitor. Either will work for your needs. FYI, the MSD Dashhawk is still in beta testing.

The other advantage to an SCT XcalII with custom tunes is that at anytime your performance or towing needs change Matt or Eric can write another custom tune specifically for your truck, load and driving style and email it to you. In addition with the tuner and custom tunes, you can run just a transmission tune to firm up and increase the longevity of your transmission running stock Hp & Torque. Also with the SCT XcalII and custom tunes, you can turn off your EGR valve which will increase the longevity of your engine.

To change programs with SCT XcalII in your truck takes less than a minute, yes you have to turn the truck off to reprogram, but realistically when don't you know ahead of time you need more power, a towing program or an Econo tune.

As far as the SCT "Livewire" it still has many issues and bugs in the software and will not successfully perfrom some of the tasks it was designed to do, stay far away from the "Livewire" unless you want to be a beta tester.

Give Matt or Eric a call and talk to them, my choice is Matt, but either one of these gentlemen will do right by you.

Do yourself a favor and benefit from all the less fortunate ones who sacrificed engines and transmission until it was figured out that the SCT XcalII with custom tunes was the only way to go with 6.0 & Torqueshift.

Good luck

Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another digital gauge option is the TS Heads-up display. We sell alot of the Commanders, they are actually on a nationwide back order. We (and others I'm sure) should be seeing them in the next week, but the back log is getting long! We have Dashawks, and they will stay on the shelf till its more "American Diesel" friendly hehehe.

We sell and run Innovative Diesel tunes (eric) and Elite Diesel tunes (Tadd) I personally use Eric and a Commander. Great little combination.

The new Edge Evolution isn't a bad little programmer. It will tune the trans, but not as good as a custom Xcal2 from the right person. It comes with a gauge package of its own.

Good luck on your decision.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:19 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blackhat620

Also if you don't want to go with the Quadzilla commander for a monitor, Bully Dog has the "Outlook" monitor.
Actually the Bullydog won't work anymore for anything other then their tunes for the 6.0 unless you are just running the stock tunes as it is. They used to have the option that you could choose 6.0 w/other on the selection screen, but they had removed that option for the 6.0 to add room for the tranny temp gauge(unless they had fixed that later on, it's been awhile since I had it in my truck), otherwise I would have kept my outlook monitor when I went with SCT because of the upgrades I am planning to do(just dragging my feet about it). I did ask them if I could select the 6.0 w/tridog and just put the monitor in the stock setting(this was before I had to go with analog gauges) and they said that it wouldn't be a good thing in practice, theory it would work, but not in practice. Now I can't say what their new monitor does(the one that looks like the A2) except that it already has tunes in it, but I think you don't have to upload those but it works like the original outlook, just with neater graphics on it(plus a heavier price tag).

Old 06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Your talking about the PMT LINK We have not messed with one at the shop yet. We just got them in a couple weeks ago. The one thing I like about them is the size. Very similar size as the Commander. Its not big and bulky like the Livewire.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Stephan
Freshman User
I am currently working with the MSD software engineers to help get more parameters working on the 6.0L. I have been updating this thread with our progress.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...e-display.html
Does the DashHawk have a provision for EGT's at all? I'm thinking of going this route along with my FlashPaq. If not- what else do you recommend?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There will be in the near future (sometime this summer according to thier plans). I am currently testing the EGT setup and it appears to be working fine.