Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Computer Chips & Tuners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Computer Chips & Tuners SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2002, 10:47 PM
New User

DVD Nimrod is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fuel Pump Fuse Location

I have been lurking in the background for about a year now and have learned alot from these forums. Now I have a question and thought I would ask it here.

I just received my Superchips Micro Tuner for the 6.8L V-10. I have a 2002 F-250 Superduty, Crewcab 4x4. The instructions for the Micro Tuner have a WARNING, this is the most important part of the installation procedure. Remove the fuse for the fuel pump, severe engine damage can result if the fuse is not removed. The instructions also show several possible locations in the engine compartment for an auxillary fuse box. The locations shown are for F-150's or Bronco's and are kind of vague. I checked the owner's manual and found a fuse box located under a panel below the steering wheel (as I expected). I also found the fuel pump fuse at location #40 according to the owner's manual. Due to the WARNING in the instruction's I don't want to be wrong. Looking in the engine compartment I found 2 possible auxillary fuse box locations, both on the drivers side. I am pretty sure that that the fuse is under the steering wheel but hopefully somebody on this forum will confirm the location for me. I appreciate all the help.:7
Old 10-18-2002, 08:58 AM
Elder User

jaxf250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fuel Pump Fuse Location

I just tuned mine last month. The fuel pump fuse is under
the hood in the aux. fuse box. The one you want is prob.
#19 - a 20-amp'er. Your Ford manual should show it clearly.

Have fun with the new programming! I sure am

hth,

-- Bob

2001 F250 SD CC Lariat,
V-10, 4:30, 6' Bed, 4x4, Auto, K&N FIPK-2, SCMT-tuned
Old 10-18-2002, 09:29 AM
New User

Fuel Pump Fuse Location

jaxf250, thanks for the info. I called Superchips this AM and they told me the same thing. I found 2 boxes under the hood, about 2" x 3". Both have what looks like a single wrap of electrical tape around them. They are mounted on the drivers side close to the firewall and 90 degrees from each other. Could these be it? When I tried this last night it was dark and getting late. I guess I will have to try during the day when I can see better. My owners manual only shows the fuse panel in the dash under the steering wheel. If anybody has any more detailed info I would appreciate it.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Elder User

Fuel Pump Fuse Location

On my 2001 I see one black 3" x 6" box clearly labeled
"Power Distribution" box right in front of the
firewall. Right in front of the driver. I do not
see a second box that is near the same size, tho
mine is a 2001 and your's is a 2002, so there may
be a difference. I am not sure.... anyone else,
pls. chime in here.

In this box I mention, you will find fuse # 19.
This is what you need to pull out when re-programming
and then replace when done.

-- Bob

2001 F250 SD CC Lariat,
Old 10-18-2002, 01:33 PM
New User

Fuel Pump Fuse Location

Thanks for more good info jaxf250. I am starting to believe that on the 2002's they moved the fuse box into the cab under the steering wheel. I checked and rechecked the owners manual and the only location for fuses that it talks about is behind the dash under the steering wheel (covered by a large, removable panal) and fuse #40 is for the fuel pump. However, when I talked to Superchips this AM thay thought it was in the engine compartment just like yours is although, he didn't sound too confident about it. He did tell me that if I start the programming without the correct fuse removed I will get a warning message on the Micro Tuner. If nobody else has any ideas I will take a closer look under the hood tomorrow in the daylight. Again, thanks for the help.
Old 10-19-2002, 08:11 AM
Elder User

Fuel Pump Fuse Location

Man, I can't imagine Ford moving that whole power distribution
box and all those relay fuses into the passenger compartment,
but maybe they did for 2002+ trucks. Wow.

Anyway, if you found that #40 is for the fuel pump then that
ought to do it for you. And as you pointed out, the SCMT should
tell you if it finds that the pump is still active.

Let us know how it goes.

-- Bob

2001 F250 SD CC Lariat,
Old 10-19-2002, 07:34 PM
New User

Fuel Pump Fuse Location

Just to give everyone an update, I went over the engine compartment and satisfied myself that there were no fuses there. I pulled the fuse for the fuel pump from behind the dash and started programming with the Superchips Micro Tuner. Unfortunatly, as I had expected, I need to send the Micro Tuner back to Superchips for an update because there was a recall to have the truck computer reflashed for emission reasons. When I purchased the Micro Tuner I figured I would have to send it in for an update. I will call Superchips Monday and overnight it to them. Hopefully I will have it back before the weekend so I can try it out. It will be hard to be patient. I will give an update after I get it back and have it going.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Fuel Pump Fuse Location

Old 10-22-2002, 12:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Computer Chips & Tuners

Tags
1994, 2000, 2001, 2004, diesel, e150, excursion, f150, f250, ford, fuel, fuse, location, powers, pump, system