Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Rangerless Rob

Guess it's time to confess. I unloaded the Ranger. But, I didn't defect to another manufacturer. I get X-plan pricing through my employer so I stayed with Ford. I picked up an 07 Five Hundred. The incentives and the 1.9 financing were too good to pass up. I couldn't justify going with another truck with all the commuting I do. I kind of like this 29 MPG thing! And, the trunk on the Five Hundred is big enough for me to work part time as a mafia shuttle driver.

The last straw on the Ranger came last week when I was underneath it changing the oil. The transfer case was leaking. Nothing good can come of a 40 MPH collision with a concrete wall. The latest on the drivetrain vibration was a suspected bent axle, but they didn't think it was bad enough to fix yet. The bottom line? State Farm spent $14K to fix a truck that was only worth $17K on a trade in. I'll be paying for this loss for the next five years!

I traded at Anderson Ford in Omaha. They were pretty good to work with, X plan makes the negotiations pretty easy. They were able to give me $1500 more than anyone else on the trade too.

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Elder User

TwelveAlpha is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well even if it aint a truck I'm happy. Happy you got rid of an obvious liability, but the crummy thing is, some other poor sap out there is gonna get it sold to them. But, thats life. Buyer beware and all that.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Hey Rob, I was wondering how long you were going to put up with that thing!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Posting Guru

FordTrucksKickGM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Too bad about the Ranger but the yellow lemon had to go. So the 500 car is pretty nice huh? Put some pics in your gallery if you havent yet. I havent seen one up close yet but they seem nice. Now that you are savin all that $$ on gas now you can get a nice 70-something 4x4 to play with and drive when it snows.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:17 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
I'll try and get a couple photos loaded this weekend. I plan to find a 70's 4x4 after we get moved and things settle down a bit.

I seriously considered a new Grand Marquis (non of the dealers had any Crown Vics). They have huge discounts on those cars. The final decision came down to the low APR. Ford wasn't offering it on the Grand Marquis.

Winter Enthusiast!
Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:52 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

Ok, got a couple photos uploaded.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...&albumid=25173

Winter Enthusiast!
Quote:
Old 06-10-2007, 07:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter