Computer Chips & Tuners  

Question for Ken

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 08:39 PM
Mscales
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Ken

I have about 2000 miles on my truck since I installed the SCMT. When I check the codes I keep getting the P1000. I called SuperChips about the code and they said the code should disappear after about 100 miles. I asked my dealer about the code and he said the code will always show up unless a trouble code is issued. I took the program off and have put about 500 miles and the code is still reading P1000. Have you seen this and is it oK to run the SCMT code and not cause any problems?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 12-11-2002, 06:52 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Question for Ken

The P1000 code is used by dealers for testing. If they are looking for a problem and they get P1000 it means they need to keep driving it until the code goes away. As long as P1000 is still there they won't get a complete diagnostic of the vehicle. P1000 simply means the computer has not gone through all the OBDII drive test cycles in one drive cycle. Once you shut the truck off the cycle starts again. You have to drive it far enough in a cycle to get the code to go away. Its not a big deal, anytime the computer is reset (ie, trouble codes removed, battery disconnected, computer reflash) the code will reappear.

Old 12-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Jaminalecia
New User
Question for Ken

Old 11-04-2004, 11:30 PM
R_Rider
Junior User
Originally Posted by webmaster
The P1000 code is used by dealers for testing. If they are looking for a problem and they get P1000 it means they need to keep driving it until the code goes away. As long as P1000 is still there they won't get a complete diagnostic of the vehicle. P1000 simply means the computer has not gone through all the OBDII drive test cycles in one drive cycle. Once you shut the truck off the cycle starts again. You have to drive it far enough in a cycle to get the code to go away. Its not a big deal, anytime the computer is reset (ie, trouble codes removed, battery disconnected, computer reflash) the code will reappear.
Mine stayed on for 3,500 miles so far with the Predator Pulley Tune.

I've reloaded the original program and driven 100 miles, still code. I need to pass smog soon and with this code, they just tell me to keep driving and come back later.

Not sure what to do next!

Old 11-06-2004, 01:40 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Does the code come back after clearing it, or are you just reading the codes and not clearing?

If the pulley isn't extreme return it to stock tuning and then get it smogged, using the best quality high octane fuel available. Not sure how high they run the rpms for smog where you live, but over here its not high enough to cause boosting problems with a pulley for a simple smog test. If you get any detonation, immediately retune it with the pulley tune (and then you'll need to remove the pulley to smog it).