Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Senior User

rjd75 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
AC Seats question

Just picked up an 07 Limited the Air conditioned seats don't seem to be working or doing much most of the time even on the high setting. Do the other fan speeds take away from the cooling ability of the seats? I drove an 04 Navigator back in 04 with this feature and as far as I remember, it had much more cooling than what I am experiencing in my current truck. Any ideas? Don't want to waste time taking it to the dealer..
Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Junior User

00excursion is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been wondering the same thing with ours, doesn't seem to cool much regardless of the AC or seat settings...probably will have it looked at when it goes in for it's first oil change...
Old 06-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Senior User

STJones is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am test driving one over night. The seats cool great and the a/c is kicking. You could hang meat in there. Of course it has 11 miles on it.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Junior User

rbarbot2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine cool great, but don't expect the seat vents to blow you away. It is very light air movement.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Senior User

nascar88ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know a Lincoln LS's A/C seats will freeze you.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Senior User

CarbonClear is starting off with a positive reputation.
If I'm not mistaken I don't believe our a/c seats are actually hooked into the main a/c. It has it's own fan for it.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Senior User

ExpyBob is starting off with a positive reputation.
They are stand alone heated - coled seats. They use the same device as the coolers that keep things hot or cold depending on the polarity across the device.

The air for the vehicle doesn't have to be even truned on.

Its a gentle change so it won't start blowing cold or hot air out like the dash vents do.

Bob
Old 07-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Senior User

CarbonClear is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpyBob
They are stand alone heated - coled seats. They use the same device as the coolers that keep things hot or cold depending on the polarity across the device.

The air for the vehicle doesn't have to be even truned on.

Its a gentle change so it won't start blowing cold or hot air out like the dash vents do.

Bob
Bob, is there anyway to increase a colder temp for the A/C seating? Not possible?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Senior User

ExpyBob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not that I'm aware of. My early 2007 has high and low settings but I noticed newer literature says there are 3 settings. I'm not sure if that changed.

The wifes Zephyr has three settings so maybe they now include that on the fords.

As far as there being an adjustment I don't believe there is.

Maybe someone else could tell us.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 PM
New User

Rob_K is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine take a little while, but they do cool down pretty well. Don't forget that there are intake filters that need to be periodically changed. Those that aren't feeling it - are your filters clean?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Junior User

OTP is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had never experienced cooled seats before, but mine are awesome. Feels like I am sitting on a block of ice. The heated seats just about made my blood boil, as they get HOT. Nice feature, wish I had it in my Super Duty as well.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Senior User

Newton007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the heated and cooled seats on my 2007 Expedition. I have never had these before so I don't know if it is working normal or not. It has two settings, hi and low and it does cool some. I don't think they will freeze you out. Mine don't anyway which is good as it does seem odd to have air comming up out of the seat. Kind of like sitting on some kind woopie cushion of sorts. I think this winter will be nicer having heat as cold seats on a winter morning is kind of a drag.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2003, 2007, ac, air, conditioed, expedition, f150, ford, lincoln, ls, navigator, seats, truck, trucks