Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Is Ford going to sell Volvo??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 AM
FLYBOY07
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Ford going to sell Volvo??

I was watching the news the other night. and they were talking about ford. at first i thought it was another recall I mean everytime the news talks its always something bad and hardly if ever anything good. but anyway they said that ford was in talks to sell Volvo to Bmw. please tell me this isn't true Volvo has done alot of great things for ford and it could only help them out.. If they need to sell ANYTHING it needs to be that crappy, half-assed, outdated, underperforming Jaguar.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:57 AM
slipnotic
Junior User
I read on some Detriot auto news, that Ford selling Volvo was out of the question.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
FLYBOY07
Senior User
Originally Posted by slipnotic
I read on some Detriot auto news, that Ford selling Volvo was out of the question.
oh ok good.. i thought that would have been another one of Fords stupid "bold"moves

Old 06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigdaddy52107
If they need to sell ANYTHING it needs to be that crappy, half-assed, outdated, underperforming Jaguar.
MY POPS 05 3.0 X-TYPE, IS ON THE LOWER END of the spectrum for jag.

ford doesnt have a vehicle that rides as nice, and with its 227hp, i have a video of accelerating from 90 to 129mph, pretty effortlessly, and thats the lower end model.

there not crappy,half-arsed, nor outdated, and definately not underperforming.

ever looked at some specs on the v8's???? your talking the best model stangs to have those type of specs, as for price, yeah ford&jag need to work on that.

volvo and jag are great attributes to ford, to each his own on what profitable or not, just lettin you know that jag aint even close to what you described.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:01 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jag still underperforms financially and is a drag on Ford. Volvo contributes profits. Also, there has been no recent technology coming out of Jaguar. Much of the Fusion/Mazda6 platform came from Volvo engineering. Yes, the Lincoln LS and Thunderbird were really Jags under the skin, and were technically fine automobiles, but look how well those products contributed to the bottom line.

Jim

Old 06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
Jag still underperforms financially and is a drag on Ford. Volvo contributes profits. Also, there has been no recent technology coming out of Jaguar. Much of the Fusion/Mazda6 platform came from Volvo engineering. Yes, the Lincoln LS and Thunderbird were really Jags under the skin, and were technically fine automobiles, but look how well those products contributed to the bottom line.

Jim
Well stated!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim
understand, the only issue is thats the only american made ride that competes with, bmw,lexus,benz,audi, high end luxury sedans with sports car performance capabilities. price, performance, ride, jag is the closest thing.

its fords fault for not revamping it to make it more profitable.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:05 PM
FLYBOY07
Senior User
Originally Posted by freirefishing
understand, the only issue is thats the only american made ride that competes with, bmw,lexus,benz,audi, high end luxury sedans with sports car performance capabilities. price, performance, ride, jag is the closest thing.

its fords fault for not revamping it to make it more profitable.
6 billion dollars isn't enough to make it more profitable?? maybe i'm just a little jealous because the way my beloved Lincolns are treated ...we just got rid of our 98' navigator that just turned 200k. for a 2007 Dodge Nitro. I miss that big link terribly we probably went to vegas in that thing atleast 4 times. the dodge isn't half the suv that it was and gets worst mileage. but it does have some cool features though. so i guess its the trade off. but ford needs to get them back on top and it pisses me off everytime i think about it .

btw. are u living under a rock.. have you looked at the new MKZ sweet sexy car indeed 10 times better than the LS. (although i liked it too) and with more power.. sure i'm not a big v6 fan either but it gets the job done

Last edited by bigdaddy52107; 06-06-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Much of the Fusion/Mazda6 platform came from Volvo engineering.
Actually - much of it is Mazda...

I don't think Volvo had anything to do with it really...

The 500 on the other hand is pretty much a (watered down) S60.

As for Jaguar, they have the product there - it is actually good. They just need to improve thier image. Drastically.