Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Idea for an Central Texas event

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Blue Dog
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idea for an Central Texas event

I had kicked this around and I had received favorable feedback. I am going to add this to an new thread to get everyone else's feedback on this idea. My wife goes to those quilt events which these quilt stores calls the event "Hop". For example, there is one coming up this March called "Texas Bluebonnet Hop". The event consists of nine quilt stores in the vinicity and each store will have discounts on items, food and drinks and door prizes. You will receive an "passport" where you visit every store, you will get an stamp from each store. If you get all nine stamps on the "passport", you can put it in for an drawing of the grand prize, 2nd and 3rd prizes. Each stores would give their share to the prizes. Then you got the door prizes from each stores that you visit. They do it this way so those people who does quilting can meet each other and interact...get to know each quilt stores and what they offer.
I was considering taking that idea and making it an event to where we can get sponors to particate, have discounts on service or products, meet them and learn a bit more about what they offer for us. We don't need to travel in an group to visit each shop/store. We can go by each store on our own time of chosing with their speical hours extended for us to drop after hours. It could be a three day thing...then at the end of the event, we all can meet at an location to have an BBQ, drawings for prizes and rewards. People can meet and interact with each other and the sponors.

I think this is an good idea as we could attract sponors and have more people interested in joining our chapter. Any feedbacks?

Old 03-10-2007, 11:05 PM
matt0963
Senior User
What places would we visit?

Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Blue Dog
Junior User
Right now, it is just an idea. I have spoken to a few parts place and they have expressed interest in this. I opened this thread to gauge interest of fellow Central Texans and anyone else who is interested. If the interest is there and the number of people who would want to attend is there to justify the hassle, then I can work something out. I can get more shops involved. I was considering places like Four Wheel Parts store, Ford Parts dealership and other aftermarket stores. Maybe an few shops to throw in the mix.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
dragogt
Posting Guru
sounds like a bad @ss idea , who, what, when, and, ware

P.S. need any help, I'm in N houston