Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Fathers Day is coming up...June 17th.!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:48 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fathers Day is coming up...June 17th.!!

Folks....Fathers Day is coming up soon. June 17th. Yup...just like Mothers Day I'm gonn'a yank yer chains and remind ye all..time to gitter done! Yup...I know gasoline is expensive. I know it's a long trip. I know it's easier to just send flowers or a card...make a phone call and tell him you love him. Do yerself a favor and take the time to show up and give 'em a hug and tell 'em just how much you love them in person. Time is short and chances are fleeting to show you really care. Don't twaddle around, and make some time to say what ya feel. On June 9th. I'll be boarding a plane to Alaska. That flight is to bid my father farewell and spread some of his ashes along the Kenai River..where he so loved to fish. The remainer of his ashes will be interred at Ft. Richardson Nat'l Cemetary in his beloved Alaska. Unfortunatlly he and I lost contact for about 20 years. No explainations needed. Only over the past 5 years did we re-connect....and it makes it even harder to deal with. At 9:20 a.m. Alaskan Time...May 31st. Master Tech. Sgt. Arthur R. Maines bid farewell to this world and was welcomed into His arms. Goodbye Dad...I'll see ye soon enough. Love, Audie...

Old 06-02-2007, 09:04 PM
soondg
Postmaster
My step-father passed away on the 29th of May Audie. I went up Tuesday night and came home Thursday. I brought my mother back home with me so she could spend time with my kids and grandkids to help keep her mind occupied. They had been together 52 years. I'll be driving her home tomorrow and may bring her and my brother back down Monday or Tuesday to spread his ashes around the Art Museum area in Philly where he had grown up. His brother had his ashes spread there and his other brother and myself will be spread in the same area also. Different generations with the same memories, we had all spent our early chidhood there swimming in the fountains and playing on the East River (Kelly) Drive. I'm glad I had the opportunity to thank him for his influence in my life before he passed. To my real father Lou and my other father Tom, if you guys are listening, Happy Fathers Day. You have a safe trip Audie, my thoughts will be with you.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 AM
drbond
Junior User
Audie,

You take care and have a safe trip and feel VERY honored to do that. I was just invited to a very close friend who's request to have her ashes spread from horse back along a special trail (not mentioned as the US Park Service wouldn't like it) and it was indeed a special moment that I will never forget.
Remember the good times as that is all we have left!

Bondo©

Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Aye fellers, saying goodbye is always the hardest part of loving someone. Soondg my heart and prayers go out to you. Something else I wish to mention is the mention of "real fathers" as I have much the same situation as Soondg. My biological father has died...however my Step-Father is still very much alive and present in my life. In that way I am still very blessed. Odd as it might seem, he, (Step-Father) grieves with me and comforts me. Pap Thacik (Step-Father) has always been there for me and I am so grateful to him and all he has done for me and my brothers. No words can express my gratitude. On another note, one must be aware of making promises. My beloved Sister-In-Law and Brother-In Law have asked me to tend to their last wishes. They are both being cremated and it falls upon my shoulders to spread their ashes along the waters of Raystown Lake...a place they so dearly love and spent many hours traversing in their pontoon boat. I gave my word and will do so as they requested...but not without some mis-givings. Please understand, I am most frightened of heights..and yet...I agreed to spread their ashes the full length of Raystown Lake from end to end. This requires me to be suspended from a glorified kite, dragged by a speed-boat, for many miles and under at least 1 bridge. At times reaching 200ft. suspended in the air...dribbling ashes and...no doubt..much more. I will do as they have requested. A promise given is an obligation secured. Pray for me my friends. Audie....the oldfart...

Old 06-06-2007, 08:52 PM
al52269
Junior User
I also lost my dad on July/2000.
He was my creator / my hero / my world.
I miss my dad dearly. Fathers day is very hard on me.
I resently also lost my big brother 01/07 (50 years old)
my adopted mom/grandma on 02/07. (92 years old)
God Bless you all.
Share every minute you can with the love ones in your life,
because you never know when is there time to leave us.
Again, God Bless, Al