Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Happy Camper breaks cherry

...I'm the happy camper and my new front loader/backhoe broke it's stump cherry!

I hauled this Kioti tractor back from Oregon and been having a ball with it. It's small, but strong, and is on it's way to getting broke in. Dug a bunch of holes for new tree plantings and it dugout it's first stump. Woot!

New Arrival!

Root Bustin'!

Hanging Trophy!

Throw it in the woods!

Luv the backhoe, doen't need as big a hole as da' dozer!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Why is it Rex that ya can get the same new Tractor several k less in Oregon Than Washington? It's more than just taxes.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Washington has a tough tax structure on business -- it's the reason Boeing moved their headquarters to Chicago. We've been called one of the least business-friendly states in the union.

This tractor cost over $1K less than in Washington, plus over $2K saved in sales tax. Cost ~$170 to rent a trailer (didn't take mine wasn't sure was going to buy a tractor), compared to the $2 a mile *gasp* that Haulers wanted. But Oregon has an income tax we don't.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Makes sense. Thanks Rex. One more reason for staying here.

A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 06-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Posting Guru

LOL, we still pay a lot less for about ANYTHING than it is in Alaska. They have a more lax welfare system though.

Just ask my sister in Sutton, sometimes strains to make ends meet on $80K a year.

Criminy, forum's getting too slow to use, back later

Last edited by RexB; 06-02-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Old School

So true So true. But a Grand a year per person per household nets me 4k or better so that and all the seafood and venison a man can eat helps. Gota go chase another deer out the yard. Momma gets mad when they eat her Putulips.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
I guess it all boils down to 'we do pay for our government services!'...Each state just has a different way of getting the funds. Some states have no income tax, but their sales tax is high...ETC

Bottom line is 'WE PAY' for the services we get or think we get.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 06-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic y block
So true So true. But a Grand a year per person per household nets me 4k or better so that and all the seafood and venison a man can eat helps. Gota go chase another deer out the yard. Momma gets mad when they eat her Putulips.
Send 'em this way...I will make them very welcome at the dinner table!

Old 06-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Old School

Be better Mike ta just come up around the first of August (opening day) and take back all the sweet Venison and fish ya could ever want.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Posting Guru

Don't let me interrupt your joyous celebration over a new tractor...

PS: Venison Chili is da' best!

Last edited by IB Tim; 06-03-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Be better Mike ta just come up around the first of August (opening day) and take back all the sweet Venison and fish ya could ever want.
Hmm, fresh venison........
Can I quit my job and come live in the woods?

Rex, I wish I could afford to get a tractor like that. I just rented a Cat 216 skidsteer for the day, $250 delivered, to re-do my yard. I still have more to do, but I'm done with this for the day.
It would be nice to drag a box blade across this place, and smooth it out a bit.

Last edited by Ford_Six; 06-02-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Posting Guru

This buy almost put me in the negative column, but worth it so far it's a hoot! Y'know a box blade would do wonders... I "wish" that I'd spent more time dragging this bare ground after first clearing it, but the dozer tracks just ripped it up again and the tractor rentals were adding up too fast at that expensive time of life (clearing,constructing,trenching, bringing in power and a well and septic system, etc ad naseum.)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexB
This buy almost put me in the negative column, but worth it so far it's a hoot! Y'know a box blade would do wonders... I "wish" that I'd spent more time dragging this bare ground after first clearing it, but the dozer tracks just ripped it up again and the tractor rentals were adding up too fast at that expensive time of life (clearing,constructing,trenching, bringing in power and a well and septic system, etc ad naseum.)
Even if you did go negative on the purchase, you would not be the first guy that did so over a new toy...LOL

Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Posting Guru

Yea really...but I haven't gone negative since was about 30yo. Saved my pay, didn't buy many toys, got lucky in stock market and am almost 'driven' to pay cash for everything, including this place.

If i could just get the guv'mint to do the same...

Time to start making noise on the Coyote soon, It's a Hoot!...er...Howl!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Old School

I am So Jealous. But there is an old Ford That looks like an 8N here that dates back to WWII with a Back Hoe and Bucket for $500. Haven't got the mag to fire to see how she runs. Nor do I have the 5 bills. A friend has been playing with it as he is the one that finely tracked down the owner that now lives in the lower 48. I suppose I will go pull the Mag and bring it to the shop to overhaul. The friend wants to go in together to get it. He pays for it, I get and keep it running and we both use it. But I am trying to convince him that if we just sold it to a Collector that I know in Shelton for 5k plus our time and expense to ship it to him that we could get something that would work a lot better. This one needs to be restored and just taken to shows. The Collector said it may well be the oldest Ford 8N left.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:51 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter