Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
V10_Cougar's Avatar
V10_Cougar V10_Cougar is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 605
V10_Cougar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Toyota's REGRET

CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/31/t...t/#commentform
__________________
1999 FORD F-250, V10 4x4 4.30 LS
6" Lift, 37 Inch Super Swampers, GIBSON Exhaust
2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
1968 Mercury Cougar - Sold
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 AM
jimandmandy jimandmandy is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Running Springs CA
Posts: 5,228
jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.
Do you think Ford would do that, or try to weasel out of the problem?

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 AM
ggarrahan ggarrahan is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Saratoga USA
Posts: 692
ggarrahan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jim- Can you say broken spark plugs on the 5.4 3V. I think you have the answer.
__________________
Glenn Garrahan
Glenn's fleet:
1969 El Camino SS396 (325 HP)
1970 Dodge Coronet R/T (440, 375 HP)
2001 Camaro SS (5.7L, 335 HP)
2003 F150 King Ranch SuperCab (daily driver, 5.4L, 260HP)
2008 Corvette Z06 (7.0L, 505HP)
What can I say, I like American V-8's!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-2007, 10:05 AM
SMIGGS's Avatar
SMIGGS SMIGGS is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,452
SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggarrahan
Jim- Can you say broken spark plugs on the 5.4 3V. I think you have the answer.
Or self-ejecting spark plugs on the 2V 5.4 & 4.6's.......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK94F150 View Post
It's an internet forum, get used to it. It's like having a drunk conversation with every single person in the bar minus the "I love you man".
2000 Excursion Limited - 7.3 Diesel - Mine
2005 Freestar Sport - The wife's
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 AM
slipnotic slipnotic is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 89
slipnotic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Im not surprised it happened to Toyota. The only thing they have been concered about lately is becoming number one, and doing anything in order to make that happen. Never really got what was so great about Toyota anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2007, 08:51 AM
freirefishing's Avatar
freirefishing freirefishing is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clearwater, Fl
Posts: 4,982
freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipnotic
Im not surprised it happened to Toyota. The only thing they have been concered about lately is becoming number one, and doing anything in order to make that happen. Never really got what was so great about Toyota anyways.
whats so great about what you drive?? ever owned a toyota?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Vmax2007 Vmax2007 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 103
Vmax2007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freirefishing
whats so great about what you drive?? ever owned a toyota?
Well, first of all, what I drive is AMERICAN, not just "Built in America" and it employs more Americans and supports OUR economy more than Toyoyo.

Plus, Toyoyos are Fugly!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
freirefishing's Avatar
freirefishing freirefishing is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clearwater, Fl
Posts: 4,982
freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax2007
Well, first of all, what I drive is AMERICAN, not just "Built in America" and it employs more Americans and supports OUR economy more than Toyoyo.

Plus, Toyoyos are Fugly!!!
fugly in your opinion, and yeah you may drive american, but it probably aint built here. like my 06 ranger, engine and tranny built off this continent. oh yeah i forgot how many ford plants have closed and jobs lost due to engine and trannys being built elsewhere. i dont know what else wast built here but i do know that the engine and tranny werent.

and toyo does employ americans they just dont have the plant capacity like others YET. so red white and blue that all the way to the bank
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Vmax2007 Vmax2007 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 103
Vmax2007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freirefishing
fugly in your opinion, and yeah you may drive american, but it probably aint built here. like my 06 ranger, engine and tranny built off this continent. oh yeah i forgot how many ford plants have closed and jobs lost due to engine and trannys being built elsewhere. i dont know what else wast built here but i do know that the engine and tranny werent.

and toyo does employ americans they just dont have the plant capacity like others YET. so red white and blue that all the way to the bank
Ok, putting National Origin aside (I am tired of this stale debate).

The Tundra is still a wannabe with a powerful engine and a shift-happy 6 spd tranny. Reliability remains to be seen, but so far...not so good.

Crappy frame, crappy interior, poor ergonomics, poor fit-n-finish (HUGE panel gaps due to crappy frame) and overpriced, but hey, it's built in America!!!


Oh, I almost forgot, poorest crash test ratings...4 stars vs 5 stars for ALL of the domestics. Nice job Toyoyo, maybe next time?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 AM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,455
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Welcome to FTE

For the record: The 2007 Toyota Tundra received 4 stars in NHTSB test, and 5 stars in IIHS test. The IIHS test is conducted at higher speeds.


IMO, the ergonomics stink. Tundra is the only full sized truck sold without the availability of power adjustable pedals, and the power seat doesn't raise up high enough. It uses less seat padding than any other full sized truck. So...long trips will cause a PITA!

__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost

Last edited by NumberDummy; 06-05-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-05-2007, 11:35 AM
freirefishing's Avatar
freirefishing freirefishing is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clearwater, Fl
Posts: 4,982
freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.freirefishing has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax2007


Oh, I almost forgot, poorest crash test ratings...4 stars vs 5 stars for ALL of the domestics. Nice job Toyoyo, maybe next time?
GLOBALLY NUMBER 1, AND WHEN THERE IS A NEXT TIME, IT'LL BE EVEN BETTER.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Vmax2007 Vmax2007 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 103
Vmax2007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freirefishing
GLOBALLY NUMBER 1, AND WHEN THERE IS A NEXT TIME, IT'LL BE EVEN BETTER.
Sorry, should have clarified...Truck segment!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
slipnotic slipnotic is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 89
slipnotic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freirefishing
whats so great about what you drive?? ever owned a toyota?
Not a thing, its a 92 Ranger custom beater that gets me back an fourth from college and work. For a truck that was abused all its life its doing a great job.
I have driven a 92 Toyota Camry XLE that was very well taken care of by an older couple. Its been a decent car, but on average something goes wrong with it alot more then my Ranger. Plus I can't stand, not sure if its like this on a lot of Toyotas, but the throttle is very laggy. Once you step on the accelerator really hard its like the car takes its sweet ol time to react.

Last edited by slipnotic; 06-05-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 PM
SMIGGS's Avatar
SMIGGS SMIGGS is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,452
SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax2007
Ok, putting National Origin aside (I am tired of this stale debate).

The Tundra is still a wannabe with a powerful engine and a shift-happy 6 spd tranny. Reliability remains to be seen, but so far...not so good.

Crappy frame, crappy interior, poor ergonomics, poor fit-n-finish (HUGE panel gaps due to crappy frame) and overpriced, but hey, it's built in America!!!


Oh, I almost forgot, poorest crash test ratings...4 stars vs 5 stars for ALL of the domestics. Nice job Toyoyo, maybe next time?
Crappy frame?

According to who?

Crappy interior, poor ergonomics, poor fit-n-finish

According to who?

Overpriced

So paying over 30 grand for any truck is cheap to you?

As for realibility, if you have some information on this you care to pass on please do so......

Sounds like just an opinion no facts to back these statements up.

Now what were you saying about a "stale debate"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK94F150 View Post
It's an internet forum, get used to it. It's like having a drunk conversation with every single person in the bar minus the "I love you man".
2000 Excursion Limited - 7.3 Diesel - Mine
2005 Freestar Sport - The wife's
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
slipnotic slipnotic is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 89
slipnotic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Should have said crappy Camshafts , then you would have a fact!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition

Tags
car, chart, crumple, doors, ford, gmt900, hydroforming, locked, start, technology, torque, toyota, trucks, vmax2007, wash, zones

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup