2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Access vs Truxedo Tonneau covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:13 AM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Access vs Truxedo Tonneau covers

Looking at the Access/Lorado or the Truxedo LoProQt

Anybody here have opinions on either one as far as pro/cons of each cover

Thanks

Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 AM
bwep
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Access (not sure if it’s lorado) on my truck since 04 and never had any problems. My buddy has the truxedo low profile and also problem free. The truxedo is a little lower than mine gives it a little nicer look, I think. Any who I think whoever has the better price would be what I would go with. BWEP

Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Access Roll-Up Cover
Former Vendor
Of course, I would recommend the Access or Lorado, but I'm biased. Maybe I can clarify a little in the different options we have at ACI.

Our Lorado cover offers the same quality components and construction as the respected Access® Roll-Up Cover., but features a new low profile design with a 39 degree angled rail. The low style compliments the sleek contours of your truck.
The Lorado has the same starting price as the Access cover and the bells & whistles are the same.

If you are looking at the lowest profile cover & a lower price, like "bwep" mentioned in his post, I would recommend our Vanish Cover. It has the lowest starting price if that is of importance to you and sits only 1/2" above the truck box. They look really slick on a truck. You can check it out here at this link. http://www.agricover.com/index.php/p...category/C103/

You can purchase an ACI cover through one of our dealers near you or you can call 800-233-4655 for customer service. Check us out at www.agricover.com. Let me know if I can answer any questions you have on our covers.
Have a great day!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 PM
FXForistell
Senior User
My brother has a Truxedo on his Dakota, after one winter the leather material stretched out and flaps a bit in the wind now. The frame is strong but he's pretty disappointed in the cover material. Just one fellow's experience.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Access Roll-Up Cover
Former Vendor
We have customers that have never needed to replace a cover they purchased from us, because of the quality of our heavy duty fabric. I even know a guy that has had the same cover on eight different trucks for over 15 years and it's still going down the road. Also as "FXFORISTELL" mentioned many other brands of covers do loose their tension and flap around.

The great thing about an Access Cover is that it comes standard with our XT-Dial™ tension control system. Our patented design automatically locks cover tension with the turn of a dial. This simple process does not require tools and put's tension control in your hands giving you peace of mind and no headaches.

All of Agri-Cover's Roll-Up Covers are made of Simple Care Fabric that is double coated and UV protected. The fabric will not stretch in heat and remains flexible to -40 degrees. The low embossed texture of the cover also will resist dust and dirt, making it easy to clean with only soap and water. Our covers also repel wind, rain, snow and hail, preventing damage to your truck bed.

The Vanish Cover has a Three Year Limited Warranty, which includes the entire cover as well. Our Access Cover comes with a Premium Cover™ Lifetime Warranty.

Hope this info helps!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 PM
FXForistell
Senior User
Didn't necessarily mean to give props to Ms. Katie, guess it looks like I did. I was just retelling the single experience I have had (my brother had, actually) with a Truxedo. I've seen it, and it's not like it a ragged, saggy mess, but it is definitely more loose and it does flap when he's driving. Could have just been one bad unit, I don't know. I haven't had any experience with any other covers.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:00 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
I vote for Access.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got a Truxedo and it's great but the Access looks good too.
I guess that didn't help much eh?

Old 06-02-2007, 12:57 AM
waspsaw
New User
I went with the access also, great cover on my 07....got lucky and amazon had the access 11279 shipped for $332 which is about $100 cheaper than anywhere else. I must've got the last one as its now $424 + shipping.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:18 PM
svt2205
Posting Guru
I just installed a Truxedo Low Pro QT, happy so far. But it's only been a week. Installation was quick and easy. Never thought of Amazon for something like a bed cover, and that price. Wow!!!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
We love our Access covers. We now have them on 2 of our 4 trucks. The f150 HD just looks too hot with it's current top with rear spoiler to change it or it would be getting one also.

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Thanks for all the feedback...
I currently have a cover on my old truck which opens up about halfway(rails and all).
Ive noticed that the Access/Lorado/Truxedo rails attach to the side of the bed rails instead of resting on top of it like my current cover.
So 3 questions.

1. do you find that you are constantly hitting the rails getting things in and out of the box?

2. When it rains, how is the water being kept out of the box since the rails of the cover attach to the sides instead of being on top of the bed?
As the covers look like they end right at where the seam is between the bed and the rails of the cover, which makes one think that all the water being run off durning a rain would dump into this area leaking into the bed?

3. When it does rain and I lift my current cover, the water drains between the bed and the cab of the truck. If I want to roll up the access/lorado/truxedo after a rain storm, will I have to somehow sweep /squeege the water off the cover first before opening so that when i do start rolling the cover back it doesnt all go inside the bed?

Thanks

Old 06-03-2007, 08:30 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Another question..
What exactly is the difference between the access and the lorado covers.

Quote..lorado features a new low profile design with a 39 degree angled rail."

is this the only difference between the two?
When you go here
http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/category/C111/
they have the same features and pricing

Last edited by SDTruckMan; 06-03-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
How does it work rolling up the cover?
can one person do it from one side or do you have to have two people one on each side, do you have to get in the bed to roll up the cover?

Must you undue the velcro first on each side before rolling up?
Or does it release as you roll from one of the sides of the bed?

Come on guys help me out with my 3 posts of questions.......

Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 PM
waspsaw
New User
1. Compressed rubber foam material between rails and side rails keep rain out, I've had mine on for a couple of months in Ohio with no rain getting in, front rail has a peel and stick foam that goes under rail.
2. Rollup takes almost 30 secs the velcro rips free as you rollup.

What i would really do is download the installation video and watch the ease of install and use, I think most of your questions would be answered in that video.

Quick Reply: Access vs Truxedo Tonneau covers