Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Elder User

92F150Flare is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Question Savannah area question

Hi guys and gals.......The wife and I want to go down to the riverfront and historic district in Savannah mid-june for a weekend. Been down in that area a few times but never stayed....just day trips.

Any suggestions for a nice motel/hotel in the historic district or riverfront? We need a smoking room and would like to be able to walk to about everything in that area.

Suggestions for great eating and the "best" tours to take would be greatly welcomed too.

Thanks and if you are ever coming to Charleston....pm me....I'll give you some ideas......

I see the Hampton Inn - Historic district has smoking rooms. Is it in a good spot?

Thanks ...Bob

Have a look at my truck

Come visit the South Carolina chapter here!
Old 05-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Posting Guru

ag30265 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thats the hotel I'm thinking of. We stayed there on our last trip down. It's on the southern side of the river front close to the pirates house. Nice place for the price. If ya have the money and you can find an open spot, check out the numerous bed and breakfast's. We try to stay in a different one every time we go but they stay booked and cost a bit more. It really depends on who is going with you, for us, just me and the wife-B&B, others with us-we stay in that hampton inn.

Food- breakfast and lunch are good on riverstreet, different places. Dinner and upscale- the pirates house is good, my favorite place is the old pink house, it's more upscale, try the lamb chops and the lobster bisque. Of course there is the lady and sons, decent.

Tours- I like the walking ghost tours after dark. there is a tour that does it but we always go on our own to the cemetarys, colonial park is in the district but the good one is on the outskirts and you'll have to drive, it's down by the river on the south side of town.

The one thing you must take home with you- pralines from river street sweets.

Ya'll have fun.

Club SNL- #13
'87 Bronco(daily driver)
'91 F-150(ole faithfull)
'78 F-150 4X (F. O. Resto)
'76 F-150(parts)
'77 F-150(wifes ride)

Last edited by ag30265; 05-28-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Postmaster

3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.
DO NOT stay at the Economy Inn on W Oglethorpe. I was on business trip last month and very disappointed with it.
IT'S BETTER TOPLESS(Broads, Broncos, and Booze)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeast
you people scare me sometimes!!
"...sailors who drank beer escaped the curse of scurvy..."
Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter