Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Freshman User

bowlerman is starting off with a positive reputation.
need help in south jersey

got a 1993 ford 250 zf 5 speed 7.3 diesel. need help rebuilding tranny, i would pay someone to help. and do a clutch. i have a shop abnd lots of tools. any experts in the area near medford? thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerman
got a 1993 ford 250 zf 5 speed 7.3 diesel. need help rebuilding tranny, i would pay someone to help. and do a clutch. i have a shop abnd lots of tools. any experts in the area near medford? thanks
Do you have the replacement parts already?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior User

JJPMach1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had the Tranny (5 speed Mazda unit) in my old '92 F250 rebuilt completely about 7 years ago at a shop in Hammonton. They did great work, and I ran the truck for another 50k, sold it, and it was still going as of 2 years ago. I can get you the number if you want.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Freshman User

i can get the parts new. found on ebay shop in oregon has them. i can get them with syncros and all. fredric would you be able to help? of course i would pay u. i would like to help. i do this stuff all the time but dont have too much time right now. i have a shop and lift.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
Well, it depends how far south you are. I'm at exit 131 off the GSP. I have time problems also!

I did my zf a few years ago (about 80k ago at this point) using an exploded-view diagram, basic tools, and some wire ties to hold things together while I tried to fit the guts back in the case. Heat this, tap that, etc. Was fun.

Just sucked for me as I didn't have any workbench space, so I rebuilt mine on the driveway on a white sheet (so I could find little parts easy).
Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Freshman User

where you get off the gsp to the turnpike at exit 131. im exit 7 off turnpike. tell me if you are interested
Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter