Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Elder User

CaptGuz is starting off with a positive reputation.
you know what would be hilarious?

wouldn't it be funny if a big old 1981 F250 was at a gas station say, Garrett Rd and 15-501 today around say, 12-noon and if after putting like 15 bucks in gas in the tank if the spark plug wire were to rub raw and arch at the leaky carb - fuel acelerator pump and say i dont know, cause a fire? You know what would make it more funny... if that truck had a redlight bar on the top and it'd be even more funny still if he were thought to be a fireman because he's associated with rescue. It would be really ironic wouldn't it....

NO IT WOULDN'T!
WHAT A FRIGGIN' DAY....
Old 05-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Trying to burn it down?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Elder User

wish the grand prix would burn down - i'd just stand back and watch...
Old 05-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
So what happened with the truck?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Elder User

spark plug wire for either cylinder 5 or 6 was rubbing against carb... rubbed raw. carb around fuel hookup was leaky... arc... fire...

sprayed it with extinguisher at gas station i was at ... darrel (nissandoc) came out from work to help me look at it... we fired it up (no pun intended) and it started. drove it with a cylinder down (no wire) to MJ Nissan. fixed the leaky part best he could, and rednecked a wire to get me home. runs like eternal SH** now... darrel also tack'd in some metal on the floor pan as a temp fix. so now, when i get paid i have to not only get brakes but now new wires dist cap and rotor ... i probably will jsut do either brakes or engine stuff ... and i guess it'll be another month before i get it road worthy... i think i'm gonna have to ditch this cab eventually (few years down the road) ... seems like theres a LOT of rust.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGuz
spark plug wire for either cylinder 5 or 6 was rubbing against carb... rubbed raw. carb around fuel hookup was leaky... arc... fire...

sprayed it with extinguisher at gas station i was at ... darrel (nissandoc) came out from work to help me look at it... we fired it up (no pun intended) and it started. drove it with a cylinder down (no wire) to MJ Nissan. fixed the leaky part best he could, and rednecked a wire to get me home. runs like eternal SH** now... darrel also tack'd in some metal on the floor pan as a temp fix. so now, when i get paid i have to not only get brakes but now new wires dist cap and rotor ... i probably will jsut do either brakes or engine stuff ... and i guess it'll be another month before i get it road worthy... i think i'm gonna have to ditch this cab eventually (few years down the road) ... seems like theres a LOT of rust.
Dang!!!! Look I have a decent cab if you can get your butt down here.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Elder User

i'm workin on it... have $50 to last me till wednesday
Old 05-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Elder User

ncfirefighter46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
well if you can get down our way i see what i can do for you. i have my 4x4 for sale
Old 05-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Postmaster

FTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to all
Idunthave1yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGuz
i'm workin on it... have $50 to last me till wednesday
We needta start a collection or a "drive" of some sort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfirefighter46
well if you can get down our way i see what i can do for you. i have my 4x4 for sale
You needta reply to hurry and get off of that six hundreth and sixty-sixth post....
Old 05-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Elder User

dixiemudder04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Trigger3_0
You needta reply to hurry and get off of that six hundreth and sixty-sixth post....

LOL, thats the problem right there. I had 1 fire on my 78. Daddy decided to spray starting fluid through my 60 dollar k&n air filter. Well the carb backfired and my nice new k&n went up in flames. Not only was the air filter hot, so was I. He only done it cause he couldnt reach the breather from the ground. I told him if we ever do it again we're taking the breather off.
2006 Ford F150 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, 4.10 w/ limited slip, 5.4L triton, K&N CAI, Preditor Programmer, 2.5" AS leveling kit, 1 chamber mufflers with 45* 4" tips out to the side, 17x8 eagle alloy 058, 20% tint, 305/70/17 nitto a/t's
Old 05-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Elder User

it got me depressed... but not when it happened... when it happened i thought "isn't this freakin' ironic" lol... almost turned on red lights before grabbing extinguisher. oh well... scared the F*** out of the car at the next pump hehehe

got depressed later on but i htink i'm over it and ready for my plan of attack...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Elder User

pictures

Burnt up Spark Plug Wire

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Elder User

Everything ...

Old 05-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Elder User

carb

Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Post Fiend

Hey Guz it doesn't look to bad under there. You'll have it going better in no time
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter

Tags
arcfire, reginald