Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Elder User

Chance_Thomas is starting off with a positive reputation.
Freedom Fueler 1301

Has anyone every used this kit.
http://www.homebiodieselkits.com/frfumo13.html
Old 05-22-2007, 07:37 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
[quote=Chance_Thomas]Has anyone every used this kit.
http://www.homebiodieselkits.com/frfumo13.html[/QUOTE]

Way overpriced! Try here: http://wwwbiodieselcommunity.org Lots of plans and kits.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 05-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Senior User

Murphy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
A tip:
Anytime you see a plastic reactor vessle being used to make biodiesel, its a sure sign of a piece of junk that will probably melt or leak and then burn your home down..

NEVER MAKE BIODIESEL IN A PLASTIC TANK..

Those cone bottom systems are the biggest scam going.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Murphy a lot of people run plastic cone bottom reactors, here is a link to a coop of biodiesel producers and this is their second reactor setup this way.
http://burlingtonbiodiesel.org/reactor_ii.htm

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Senior User

Murphy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
[quote=monsterbaby]Murphy a lot of people run plastic cone bottom reactors, here is a link to a coop of biodiesel producers and this is their second reactor setup this way.
http://burlingtonbiodiesel.org/reactor_ii.htm[/QUOTE]

That thing in the photo is a piece of junk.

Me: 20 year industrial process engineer

My advice: Anyone making biodiesel in a plastic tank is probably not making it correctly and is taking a huge fire risk. Think about it.. Common sense.. Hot oil + flammable methanol + caustic chemicals + Plastic = very big molotov cocktail just waiting to happen.

Just because you can do it, doesnt mean its safe...

These people who design these systems don't have a single clue as to what they are doing when it comes to engineering.. Most of these plastic guys say a 140 deg max tank can take a 130 deg reaction.. I'm sure it will.. The speedometer in my car goes to 130MPH but what do you think would happen if I drove 120mph all the time?

The people who use plastic tanks are the same kind of people who ride motorcycles without helmets..

In addition, I have now inspected 3 of these types of processing systems and not a single one of them can pass a simple quality test.. (3/27)

Here is what happens to plastic processors when ANYTHING around them malfunctions:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
150, 67, biodiesel, bottom, burlingtonbiodieselorghtm, cone, freedom, freedomfueler, freedomfuelercom, fueler, gallon, homebiodieselkitscom, kit, open, pdf, process, review, reviews, tank, top, truck