Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota Recall-Engine???

Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Big Sky
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Toyota Recall-Engine???

Here is some interesting news on Toyota's 5.7 V-8

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...705310379/1148

Old 05-31-2007, 12:10 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota is just the Airbus of auto's
And there's no recalls yet becuase it has'nt been formalized yet, but it will.
Toyota's quality claims i guess is all for nothing, to bad so sad. I caught up
to them.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 PM
48Effie
Freshman User
Where is dohcmaurauder when you need him? I bet he has an excuse worked out already!!! By the way does anyone know why he hangs out on this website so much but hardly has anything nice to say about Ford? Does anyone know of a Toyota website that we could "suggest" he become a member of so he will stop upsetting the real Ford enthusiast on this Ford Site.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:13 AM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 48Effie
Where is dohcmaurauder when you need him? I bet he has an excuse worked out already!!! By the way does anyone know why he hangs out on this website so much but hardly has anything nice to say about Ford? Does anyone know of a Toyota website that we could "suggest" he become a member of so he will stop upsetting the real Ford enthusiast on this Ford Site.
Dude, you don't get it, do you?

First and foremost, this is the Ford vs The Competition Forum. We are allowed to make intelligent comparisons to other makes. If you don't like the rhetoric, there are over a 100 other forums here at FTE you can peruse - 'panties in a wad' free.

Second, you're a newbie. Three months and twenty posts does not make you an authority on the proclivities of other Users. Chill out.

Last edited by RocketScience; 06-01-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:16 AM
chaparro
Senior User
maury maury where are you?

Well not a recall yet! Ok.... But a huge problem if they have to install new engines to 30000 new trucks. Yes, yes. Lets see where toyis rep. will be if it comes formal the recall. I will rather recalls such as to install a fuse to prevent fire like ford did on excursions.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:35 AM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RocketScience
Dude, you don't get it, do you?

First and foremost, this is the Ford vs The Competition Forum. We are allowed to make intelligent comparisons to other makes. If you don't like the rhetoric, there are over a 100 other forums here at FTE you can peruse - 'panties in a wad' free.

Second, you're a newbie. Three months and twenty posts does not make you an authority on the proclivities of other Users. Chill out.

LOL!!!......I don't think spanky is a newbie. Pretty sure he got banned as '54 4X4 or some user name like that....one of his first posts as a current user was going after Smiggy and NumberDummy about picking on poor '93Ranger. Seems birds of a feather.....

But since he's so worried about my take on the Toy issue, I'll give it to him.

Toy fugged up, plain and simple. It's how they are handling it that makes a HUGE difference.

Toy reps have been posting on various sites APOLOGIZING about the fug up.

Toy is replacing the entire motor, giving a rental...PLUS paying for that months payment (even though the average swap is said to take 16 days)

There's a thread here on FTE where a Super Duty owner cannot get his truck fixed by Ford and actually had the rep suggest maybe he should buy a different truck next time.

The Yamaha supplied V8 for the SHO chewed through cams due to a design flaw (pressed on gears) Ford told the 800 or so victims they were SOL.

Does Toy make better vehicles??? We can argue that till the cows come home.

Does Toy have better management??? Better damage control??? I think even the blind can answer that one.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:42 AM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by chaparro
maury maury where are you?

Well not a recall yet! Ok.... But a huge problem if they have to install new engines to 30000 new trucks. Yes, yes. Lets see where toyis rep. will be if it comes formal the recall. I will rather recalls such as to install a fuse to prevent fire like ford did on excursions.
Don't think you'd feel that way if you were one of the lucky ones whose house/garage/truck burned to the ground.

Do you realize that was a FORCED recall.....first it was only F-150's then spread to Ex's and Super Duties......Ford RARELY has voluntary recalls; and honestly, Toy has been forced into a few lately also....the class action sludge suit, the 500,000 ball joints etc. but they are nipping this Tundra problem in the bud NOW!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
Don't think you'd feel that way if you were one of the lucky ones whose house/garage/truck burned to the ground.

Do you realize that was a FORCED recall.....first it was only F-150's then spread to Ex's and Super Duties......Ford RARELY has voluntary recalls; and honestly, Toy has been forced into a few lately also....the class action sludge suit, the 500,000 ball joints etc. but they are nipping this Tundra problem in the bud NOW!!!
Or might I add the fact that a certain truck manufacturer basically has turned the other way when dealing with engineering flaws with their motors.

" Have you driven a sparkplug launching F**d.......lately?"

( remembering the old "have you driven a F**d lately" commericials )

Last edited by SMIGGS; 06-01-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
LOL!!!......I don't think spanky is a newbie. Pretty sure he got banned as '54 4X4 or some user name like that....one of his first posts as a current user was going after Smiggy and NumberDummy about picking on poor '93Ranger. Seems birds of a feather..... .
What? I was picking on 93Ranger? I thought NumberDummy and the rest of us were just pointing out the obvious.

I will give 48Effie credit where credit is due, for a 2 year old he sure managed to nail his spelling and sentence structure...not like somebody else we know.....oh wait there I go again.

Speaking of our fearless leader ( 93Ranger ) where is he at? I would hate to see the "Holy Crap" thread he started die out.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:50 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they even pull drugs off the market after people are dying and it was fda approved before that.

i agree with dohc, a profesional company will handle there fug ups, i believe yota will. and its not because they have "alot at stake in the truck market" (by the way they have been doing just fine over the YEARS in the truck market"

i do realise this is a new market for them, but its not whats at stake, they will do it because thats what the number 1 auto maker does.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
48Effie
Freshman User
Hey rocketscience, unlike dohcmaurader, I do not want you on my back. And I never was banned from any site cowgirl!!! I see that you have been a member for only two years and you are acting like a wise old member!! Give me a break. Half of your 1,300+ posts are just gibberish. You and your boyfriend ,dohcmarquita, should leave fte and join ppf (Pink Prius Fans)!!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Hey rocketscience, unlike dohcmaurader, I do not want you on my back. And I never was banned from any site cowgirl!!! I see that you have been a member for only two years and you are acting like a wise old member!! Give me a break. Half of your 1,300+ posts are just gibberish. You and your boyfriend ,dohcmarquita, should leave fte and join ppf (Pink Prius Fans)!!!!!
You're doing a great job of wanting to keep Rocket off your back!

Cowgirl....classic dude!

Does someone need a hug?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:05 PM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Hey 48effie, for a little boy, you sure sound BIG behind your keyboard,
you may want to cool your jets before your banned after 21 post. So
go have a beer IF your old enough.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
48Effie
Freshman User
6'4" 240lbs. of bull ******* fury!!! I will be your huckleberry!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyota Recall-Engine???