Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 AM
New User

Black_fin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Will an S10 canopy fit?

I'm sorry if this is pretty obvious but I really don't have a clue here. I tried a search and didn't find anything helpful.

I called on an S10 topper today and the guy said it would fit the box but not the cab. Like the rear of the cab was too upright and would interfere at the top. I forgot to ask what year and model of S10 the canopy came from. Has anyone had any experience with swapping these things between auto makes? My ranger is a 2wd, super cab. In my opinion it has a fair slope to it so I'm a little hesitant to beleive it. Thanks.

-Andrew

Here is a picture of the canopy in question.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Black_fin; 05-21-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Post Fiend

fordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to behold
the incline on the front may not match your cab. you could sit it on the truck and see what it fits like. toppers could care less if they are on a chevy or a ford. just if they fit and they dont have to fit perfectly. my uncle has one thats slightly too long but it works. keeps the water out of his bed and off of his power tools

Matt
Old 05-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Post Fiend

RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't seem to recall my friend's '94 S-10 having any more or less of a slant to it than my '94 Ranger. I'll look again today.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Posting Guru

racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i got a cap at a auction once that was originally on a late 70's full-size ford , i went to put it on a '92 chevrolet 3/4 ton. length was o.k. but cap was too wide for the box, fixed it by using some 1x4 lumber between the bed & cap. if the price is right you can usually make things work, sit it on and see where youre at.
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=148057
Old 05-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Senior User

rgbot is starting off with a positive reputation.
I picked up one for my brother recently. He has an s-10, I have a ranger. I had it on my Ranger to bring it to him and it is shorter than the roof of the cab on the ranger and about 4 inches longer than the rangers bed. Basically it just didn't fit my Ranger.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
bed, canopy, cap, chevy, f150, fit, ford, frord, gen, liner, ranger, s10, size, tonneau, topper