Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Radio troubles? Already posted in audio forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
RTM
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Radio troubles? Already posted in audio forum

I've posted this question in the audio section with no replys so I thought I would try here next.

I have a Mach radio system in my 98 mountaineer and it started off by the lights cutting in and out and now they stay out and will not come back on. Now the radio or CD will cut out when I hit a bump and hit another bump and the radio and or CD will start to play again.

What I'm looking for is some one that has the same troubles and that they can point me to my trouble spot like the radio itself or an amp.

I looked at having a new radio installed but it will be very pricey to do so. If the amp is bad they have to bypass the amp and all and then the speakers will not be the correct OHMS for the new radio so they would have to be replaced as well adding cost.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
aquanaut20
Cargo Master
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Well it is time to get out the VOM or test light and track down the intermittent open circuit starting with the power feed to the radio.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:22 PM
RTM
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I pulled the radio today and removed the face and top cover plate and found a nickle floating around in there. Now that the nickle has been removed the radio does not cut out any more but I still don't have any lights. I have a name to a place local that repairs factory radios. I'm going to call them and see what they would chagre to repair what ever is wrong with the lights but I want to wait a few days to see if the radio will cut out again or not. One day isn't enough.