6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Banks Techi-Cooler Installed with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 07:35 PM
ECA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks Techi-Cooler Installed with Pics

Installed the Banks Techi-cooler ( Well, I mainly watched and got a little dirty) pretty much made sure the cooler remained well stocked )

Took about 3.5 hrs with a break for Pizza and more brews...

Overall very easy install..

Here is the box of parts to go in.

Taking off the hood latch, ect..

Here are the three intakes side by side.

First the original 2004 intake..Then the ( new ) Intake Elbow 05-07 and Finally the Big Boy ( Very New) Banks High Ram Intake.. Sweeeet..

Which one would you choose?

A little trimming of the plastic shroud was required to fit the High Ram..

DONE..... Looks killer.. Ready for a road test!!

Put about 10 miles on it so far.. First impression.. EGT's drop very fast when I let of the gas. About twice as fast as before. Throttle response and spool up slighty quicker.. Power gain.. really hard to tell with so few miles.. Might be a little. Overall, very happy with it..

Old 05-19-2007, 07:57 PM
WishIhada7.3
Laughing Gas
wow the rest of the elbows look like toys compared to that banks elbow....I like the look it adds to the engine bay...

Old 05-19-2007, 08:07 PM
ECA
Senior User
Yes, does look gooood.. Cannot drive with the hood up though..

Wisha, I will send the middle intake to ya Monady, you will have it Tuesday. Send me a PM to confirm you want to try it.

Thanks,

Old 05-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh.. Eric... I told you to HOLD THOSE PARTS! Not put them on your freaking Ex.. Dude I'm so gonna squash your Ex now :-P

Lookin good man.. I like it.. Let me know the gains when you get time to test it.. I'm still looking for an alternative to a Spearco Cooler..

Old 05-20-2007, 12:15 AM
TNT in Round Rock
Posting Guru
Eric that looks NICE !!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:09 AM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Storm
I'm still looking for an alternative to a Spearco Cooler..

Matt at LIPD has both the Spearco and his own house brand. Give him a call and talk to him about them.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:11 AM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ECA,

Looks good, clean install.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:35 AM
ECA
Senior User
I spoke to LIPD about a month ago when I was looking into it. He said ( if I remember correctly ) that they do not carry Spearco anymore. I looked into the Spearco and anything else I could find, but nothing compared to the Banks after my research.

Everthing, I got was very high quality, and everything was included to make the job easy. Such a a lifting plate for the drivers batt, new O-ring for the intake Elbow, high quality clamps, ect.. ect...

I just did not see other companies have the money to put into Engineering to make it right.. IMO.

Storm, Knocking the Edge again huh?? I am keeping my eye out for you on the street... we will just have to see, won't we...

Ps. How about me you and TNT RR get together for a few cold ones soon?

Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ECA
I spoke to LIPD about a month ago when I was looking into it. He said ( if I remember correctly ) that they do not carry Spearco anymore. I looked into the Spearco and anything else I could find, but nothing compared to the Banks after my research.

Everthing, I got was very high quality, and everything was included to make the job easy. Such a a lifting plate for the drivers batt, new O-ring for the intake Elbow, high quality clamps, ect.. ect...

I just did not see other companies have the money to put into Engineering to make it right.. IMO.

Storm, Knocking the Edge again huh?? I am keeping my eye out for you on the street... we will just have to see, won't we...

Ps. How about me you and TNT RR get together for a few cold ones soon?
You still have the throttle valve Eric? I'm all for the cold ones.. Tho TNT doesn't drink, we can bring him some Coke :-P

Edge.. Yeah.. If TNT can't outrun me with his 7.3 and Edge.. I doubt you can ;-) We'd have to really put it to the test.. Maybe all 3 of us should go to the strip one weekend.. Run the trucks down a couple times..

Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 AM
ECA
Senior User
Originally Posted by Storm
You still have the throttle valve Eric? I'm all for the cold ones.. Tho TNT doesn't drink, we can bring him some Coke :-P

Edge.. Yeah.. If TNT can't outrun me with his 7.3 and Edge.. I doubt you can ;-) We'd have to really put it to the test.. Maybe all 3 of us should go to the strip one weekend.. Run the trucks down a couple times..
Storm, I do not have a 7.3, and nope put the throttle valve in the trash can.

How about this Thursday, Tilted Kilt in Round Rock, 5pm. Good food, better scenery, Close to all of us..

Lemme know,

Eric

Old 05-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ECA
Storm, I do not have a 7.3, and nope put the throttle valve in the trash can.

How about this Thursday, Tilted Kilt in Round Rock, 5pm. Good food, better scenery, Close to all of us..

Lemme know,

Eric
It'd have to be a weekend for us.. Weekend that TNT is off.. Most time he works 12hrs during week and I work M-F 9-6p.. T-W-Friday I have school 6p-11p..

I know you got a 6L.. I just don't know about that Edge lol.. Wish I coulda ditch that valve.. I still have the pins in it.. Last time I unplugged it the darn thing screwed everything up.. Had no boost, thing had to go in and get replaced.. Never told them I disconnected it LOL..

You got me thinking about this Techi-Cooler now.. Since you didn't have the Throttle Valve you just got the 05-07 Kit right?

Old 05-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Aye I just caught it.. Tilted Kit for dinner.. I'll check with TNT.. I can do it if its past 6pm.. Normally takes me bout 15 minutes to get to RR off the Toll Road from NW Austin..

Old 05-20-2007, 12:04 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

Is Castaways still open in Round Rock off the I-35?

Old 05-20-2007, 12:05 PM
ECA
Senior User
I did get the 05-07 kit. My Throttle Valve had pins too, and was fully functional. Just unplugged it and took it off. Works great, no prob at all.

6p 7p it is all good. Let me know.
I will give ya the keys to the X and see what you think, you might be surprised...

Old 05-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ECA
I did get the 05-07 kit. My Throttle Valve had pins too, and was fully functional. Just unplugged it and took it off. Works great, no prob at all.

6p 7p it is all good. Let me know.
I will give ya the keys to the X and see what you think, you might be surprised...
I'll check with TNT and see if he has duty that night.. Lol.. Keys to the X eh.. I'll give you keys to the .. Damn .. I need a cool word like X lmao.. I'll give you keys to the Z and you can see what you think..

Quick Reply: Banks Techi-Cooler Installed with Pics