Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2007, 12:02 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
My cat ate my homework!

I brought home a 2' sprig of canola seed pods to post here for all to see, but was to tired last night to post it................My tomcat ate the damn thing last night! Wierd cat..........Will post pics tonight

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Senior User

Murphy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know you can make biodiesel from a cat....
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Feline fuel....Puts a whole new twist on the old "put a tiger in your tank" commercial. I like it.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 05-19-2007, 11:51 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Ok, here are the Pics, The pods are about 5-6" long, and you can see the "bumps" are seeds.

Click the image to open in full size.

And this is the culprit, all 19lbs of him!

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Senior User

Wheatina is starting off with a positive reputation.
What a cat!!! Better keep the Grey Poupon away from him. I'll have to bring some pods home and see if any of my 5 cats are interested.

NICE PLUMP PODS POPS!!! Bet you are chomping at the bit to get them seeds in the bin and then through your crusher. We've had great canola weather this year!! Nice and cool during the bloom. However, there are some guys that just didn't get a good stand last fall and plowed it under. Other fields just look kinda crappy. Don't think there will be a bumper crop this year, despite the nice spring conditions.

Fab...do you watch canola prices online anywhere?? Have you seen the prices they are getting in N. Dakota?? NICE!!! Not sure why we can't get those prices. Would sure be an incentive to plant more. We'll probably have at least two circles going in again this fall. Fits so very nicely into our rotation plans. We haven't had to water this stuff at all, other than a little dribble for good measure last week. You've seen how tall it is in my photos with no spring irrigation per say.

Our canola is starting to finish up its bloom, too. I'm going down to get some more photos tomorrow. Hate to see the bloom end and the bees move on, but that's the way it goes. Time to fill those pods!!

Have you heard of, or tried, pushing canola?? Our's is so tall, we may have to do that soon.

Enjoyed your pixs!!!

Last edited by Wheatina; 05-19-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Senior User

Canola Cat Nip

Well...sure enough...brought home a canola sprig and put it in front of one of the cats and she started chewing on it. Maybe you've discover a new form of cat nip, Don!!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatina
Well...sure enough...brought home a canola sprig and put it in front of one of the cats and she started chewing on it. Maybe you've discover a new form of cat nip, Don!!
I think you may be right! I've brought home a sprig each night this week, and that darn cat will chew it till it's gone.............This is really bugging me, His Highness will only eat one brand of food, and will not eat anything us humans do, not even milk will tempt him! Just don't get between him and his canola

Never heard of "pushing" canola................But some farmers I know of in the Pendleton area swath there crop just after the pods are full, then use a "draper" style pick-up head on their combine to pick it up after it's dried out. They say there is less "shatter" loss.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 05-20-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Senior User

Pushing may be a "Canada Thing" mostly...but I know there will be some in our area trying it. We may, but it requires a new piece of equipment...darn it!!! Here are a couple of links about "pushing"...

http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/res...ts/00-429.html

http://www.agshield.com/yieldben.htm
On May 30th, there is going to be a local Canola Field Day and a rep will be there to talk about the Ag Shield canola pusher. We'll see what he says.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Still learning every day!

F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Just one more reason for me to not like cats!
Pete (F250_) -- PAA#19
'02 F250 PSD, CC, SB, XLT, 2WD: 252K miles
Basic, low cost, not really performance enhancing mods.
'03 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) PSD, 2WD, 176K miles - Stock.
http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html
Old 05-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Post Fiend

tjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to all
Perhaps you will get lucky and the cat can't digest the seeds and he will plant those pods for you in different areas of you yard!! who knew a cat could be a canole planter!!! They will be fertilized and everything. just add water!

AD's, IC, Rear Disc, OBA, Tuned by Tony Built by me!

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:22 PM