Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

got my fishing stuff, questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:12 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my fishing stuff, questions.

alright, went out and bought some fishing stuff.

i had no clue what to buy, so i just used my head a bit and just looked at things and picked them out.

for myself i got a shakespeare rod and reel, it says "tiger" on it and it was only $20 with a line also.

got my wife a zebco 202 slingshot. it was $11 so i think it will be fine.

we also bought a few different things to go with it, bought some hooks, sinkers, bobbers, and a little flashy looking thing with a hook on it, forgot what its called.

mind you we had no idea what to buy, we just looked through everything and thought what is best i guess.

question, on my shakespeare, the reel has has a bar and i can flip it from one way to another, what is it for? and does the line go under it or over it? how the heck to even operate the thing?

Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 PM
streethealer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The line goes under it and then through the eyes on the rod. You have what is called a spin cast reel and in my opinion, it's my favorite type of reel. It is used a little different from other reels as when you hold it correctly, the reel hangs down toward the ground instead of facing you. To use it, all you do is hold the line with your index finger and flip the lever holding the line over. Now you have total control of the line with your index finger. Just cast the rod and let go of the line at the same time. It takes a little practice but it's "reel" simple. Happy Fishing.....