N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

I have warned you before!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I have warned you before!

I have AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

My days go like this:

I decide to water the flower beds. When I drag out the hose I notice the Jeep needs washing. I go inside to get the bucket and soap I use on the cars, and notice the mail I collected earlier stacked on the kitchen table.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the Jeep. I put my keys on the table, and separate out the junk mail. I go to toss it in the trash but the garbage bin we keep nearby is full. So I decide to keep Liz happy by taking out the trash. I place the other letters and bills on the table.

But, then I think that I will be near the mail box when I take the trash out, and that I can save a bit of walking If I pay my bills first and then take them to the mail box.

I take my check book out of the kitchen junk drawer only to find that I have only one check left. My extra checks are on the shelves of my office, so I go down the hall to get them.

My screen shows I have received an email, so I answer it, and check out our forum. Besides my computer is a half empty can of Pepsi I had been drinking earlier. It is getting warm, and I worry about knocking it over. I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep is safe and cold.

As I head down the hall to the kitchen with the Pepsi, I notice a vase of flowers Liz keeps needs water. I put the can down on her work table and discover my reading glasses I have been looking for the last few days.

I know I had better water the vase first, so I set the glasses back down on the work table. In the kitchen I fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote control. Someone has left it on the kitchen counter. I know we will be looking for it tonight and that I will forget it is in the kitchen.

I know I should put it next to the TV, but first I water the flowers. I carry it and the container of water to Liz's work room. I pour some water into the vase, but most of it spills onto the floor.

I set the controller down onto the work table, get some paper towels, and wipe up the spill.

Returning to my office I try to remember just what I was planning to do. I check our forum again and write a few emails.

At the end of the day, the Jeep is not washed, my bills are not paid, there is a warm Pepsi somewhere, the flowers still need water, I still have only one check in my checkbook, I can not find my glasses or the TV remote control and I have lost my car keys.

What really puzzles me is why I got nothing done, even though I was busy all day and I am really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem and I will try to get some medical help for it, but maybe I will search the net for some information about this problem first, after I check my email and this forum.

Please tell the other members about this, as I don't remember who the hell I have told. But don't laugh - if you don't already have some of these problems, your day is coming!

And thanks, Bruce, for reminding me of this. I am surprised you remembered it.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:39 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Heck, I have weeks like that....

Old 05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Ya, I checked it out - if it drives you crazy it is AAADD, if it drives your family crazy and you enjoy it, it is the first stages of Alzheimer's disease.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That pretty well describes my life...

Old 05-19-2007, 04:28 AM
RogerMason
New User
I resemble those remarks..

Roger