Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Elder User

johnnysF350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It was absolutely stuck, I too have seen a semi get stuck and yes they can get stuck very easily on a slick surface. Most of them run with pretty lame tread pattern tires on them. Just as it was stuck, I would bet that it was absolutely applying power to help get it out.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Post Fiend

Big Orn has a very good reputation on FTE.Big Orn has a very good reputation on FTE.Big Orn has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenn1
.... even if all you got is a gas engine.
Wha.........!!!!!!!!! I gotta call BS on that one, steven!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Posting Guru

CAFordDude has a great reputation on FTE.CAFordDude has a great reputation on FTE.CAFordDude has a great reputation on FTE.CAFordDude has a great reputation on FTE.CAFordDude has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat
If you have an idiot on either side, you're still stuck
Isn't that true in life also?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Senior User

njf207 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great Vid but lets face it 80,000 Lbs is plenty to pull that truck in half. 700 hp or not. Unless that truck had a double frame I can't see it even being possible. I am sorry have you ever seen a centry wreck pulling 80,000 Lbs out of a hole its work and alot of it. The F-350 can't be more than what 8,000 Lbs. And a centry wrecker what they go around 60,000 Lbs now your telling me that something that is less than a 1/3 of the weight of a centry wrecker and has fewer drive axels can pull 80,000 Lbs without ever spinning a tire. Dont think so Sorry Guys

Last edited by njf207; 05-14-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Posting Guru

yamaguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat
Was the semi applying power too?

You can be totally stuck, and a little tug helps a whole lot...

Especially when you get two drivers who know what they are doing.

If you have an idiot on either side, you're still stuck
Exactly, the other w/e I pulled (helped) a jeep Wrangler out of a ditch (more like a small ravine)that it had slid down at the local off-road park with my atv. the atv weights about 800 lbs with me on it and what does a jeep weigh? 2500? I didn't think that I would be able to do it, but there was knowone else around. So with him helping I barly even had to jerk it. It just took the front diff locked, low range and a little wheel spin.
Dale PAA #47
03 F-350 XLT cc LB 4x4 7.3 psd 369,000 MI 9' 2" BOSS Ploy Vee

97 F-250 XLT Extend-cab 4x4 7.3 240,000
Old 05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Posting Guru

yamaguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njf207
Great Vid but lets face it 80,000 Lbs is plenty to pull that truck in half. 700 hp or not. Unless that truck had a double frame I can't see it even being possible. I am sorry have you ever seen a centry wreck pulling 80,000 Lbs out of a hole its work and alot of it. The F-350 can't be more than what 8,000 Lbs. And a centry wrecker what they go around 60,000 Lbs now your telling me that something that is less than a 1/3 of the weight of a centry wrecker and has fewer drive axels can pull 80,000 Lbs without ever spinning a tire. Dont think so Sorry Guys
If you look in the vid, the 350 was roasting the tires.
Dale PAA #47
03 F-350 XLT cc LB 4x4 7.3 psd 369,000 MI 9' 2" BOSS Ploy Vee

97 F-250 XLT Extend-cab 4x4 7.3 240,000
Old 05-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Ive gotten a semi stuck before out on a lease, and i have got pulled out with a 3/4 ton. Im actually surprised the f350's tires spun so much! Also makes me curious why the hell that semi was, where it was!

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Elder User

sglynx1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Four words.... setup.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Elder User

Four words.... setup.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Elder User

If anyone doesnt believe this one, then they need to go to You-Tube and find the video of the Super Duty pulling a semi up a snow and ice covered hill. This video was also shown on the news. Call BS all you want, but the simple fact is that the semi was'nt buried up to its axles, therefore just a little help was all the SD needed to give it. Those front wheels turning, gripping and pulling, especially with the weight of a Powerstoke over them offer plenty of extra traction.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Junior User

Blacksmith101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
A good friend of mine bought 80 acres of sandy grass land from my family and put a house right out in the middle of it. He is an owner/operator of a cattle truck and kept getting stuck trying to get into and out of his new home. Dad or I would take a F250 up there and give him a little tug to get him going again and he would be out. As such, I have pulled out a "stuck" simi many many times. Now the rest of the story. He got tired of having to ask for help so he bought an old 165hp tractor from us. This is a full size tractor, one that pulled equipment in the field for 20 years, and would pull a F250 in half if you really tried. Anyway, with no one in the simi to drive it and help, the tractor would not pull the sucker out of the same hole the simi and an F250 helping would get out of easily. Had to take a way big tractor up and pull them both out at once. (Too much tension on the strap to get it undone)
Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Elder User

Maybe put the tractor in reverse? The F-250 pulled them out without anyone helping in the tractor or semi?????????????????????????????????????????
Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Elder User

You hit the nail on the head Blacksmith... The Super Duty was "helping". I had a neighbor that had a 2WD ranger that would get stuck in anything more than about 3" of snow. He was stuck out in the street one day as our road had not been plowed. I got on his tailgate and pushed him by hand to get him going. As soon as I stopped pushing his truck would stop and just spin the tire. To get him out, I walked behind him pushing his truck to the end of the block. The relevance is, that the truck was powering itself and it's own power assisted me in pushing it for a block in 6-8 inches of snow.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Junior User

Blacksmith101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The old tractor was spun down until it would not move, thus he could not back it up to get the tension off the strap. The whole mess was pulled out using a 350HP front wheel assist tractor, with someone in both the old tractor and the semi.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Elder User

mizzitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman77
Agreed.
I dont care if his F350 has 5000Hp, a 10,000 lb truck can not develop the traction to move a 80,000 lb rig if it is in a situation that it cant move itself. Have you ever seen a smaller truck pulling a big boat out of the water and all it can do is spin. Same idea.

Then how can a person help push out a car?
Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
350, big, f350, ford, mud, mudding, pull, pulling, pulls, semi, snow, stuck, truck, video, videos