New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"NEW" Member from U.K !

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 01:02 PM
FILDIGGER
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking "NEW" Member from U.K !

HI There Allies!, Reporting for duty with my newly purchased `98 F150 X-TRA CAB`4.6 XLT....She`s Black,sits on 22`s, Has a mean Growl with sports cats`& Stainless side exit Muff`, Custom Black leather with gray piping,New Black carpet & Rocks to the sound when my right foot hits the ground!!!.....Enough of this cool dude,truck jive nonsense.....
Hello, Phil here from England,Looking forward to the forums,
Spiffing`& Tallyho`Chaps!!

Old 05-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,351 Likes on 1,110 Posts
A big welcome to FTE, nice to have you on board Phil.
Sounds like you have a real sweet ride and fairly rare in the UK!
Be sure to visit the International Chapter https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum141/

Old 05-13-2007, 02:15 PM
FILDIGGER
New User
Thanks for the quick response, Looking for accessories for my truck, Shipping to U.k. can be expensive,...Good Links on FTE,(just finding my way around site at moment)
thank`s, Phil

Old 05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the site

Exactly where in England are you ?

Old 05-13-2007, 05:34 PM
FILDIGGER
New User
Hi Mil1ion,My home Town Is DERBY in the County of Derbyshire (would you believe!?)
Certainly impressed with the response so far! ...Just realising now you`re a Chatty bunch of Truckers!
My replies are also not meant to be offensive BUT if you know British Humour, it can be misunderstood,..We call it Sarcasm..(Or Putting it Bluntly "Taking the ****")....Anyway, Got To RETREAT to My AIRAID SHELTER Now,..Terrorist Attack Immenant, Due To Short Texan with Tall EGO`!!!..THANKS A Mil1ion !
Only Joking,..At least you gave us Rock`n`roll & Pick-Up Trucks!
11;25pm Now, Thinking of hitting the sack(that`s with my Head!,not my Right Hand!!)...Oh! Dear!...I Think you`ve got the Humour thing now!
Hope it put a smile on your Faces,
Goodbye, Until next time, Phil (a closet Yank)

Old 05-13-2007, 06:58 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
As the International Chapter leader... allow me to welcome you to the Site.

Come down (link in my sig), say hi - tea and biscuits on us

Old 05-13-2007, 07:14 PM
conger
Posting Guru
Hey Phil, have you ever been to a "Top Gear" show? I try to catch it Sunday afternoon via BBC Canada.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:51 PM
FILDIGGER
New User
O.K.,Ohhh.K.!!!!! TWO Replies coming up (Never had this much Attention since Caught `making out` with Mother-in-law in back of F150!!)
THANKS BIG F350,...Put Request in to join Chapter, Is it for Over 65`s? The Tea & Biscuits Thing Got me Thinking!!!! ...Hope so, Can Maybe Intice Someone Else`s Mother-in-Law to Check-Out My 6 inch Lift!! OR Maybe she would prefer it SLAMMED!!
REPLY 2; HI Conger,NO, Not been to Top Gear Show But watched every show for many years on the T.V,(it`s a very Big Hit in the U.K) Light Hearted,but with a Very Pro`Car Oppinion from the Wonderfully Sarcastic Jeremy Clarkson (Psst`..Dont tell anyone, He`s not keen on American culture! Or their Vehicles!!) He Does Own & Drive A NEW Ford GT Though!..Hypocrite!
SEE Yall, And Very Much Look Forward to Talkin` Truck`s & ANYTHING Else that Rhymes with it!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:37 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you tell we don't get many recruits from Brittania?.......(haha).....

Welcome aboard, mate...........

Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
FILDIGGER
New User
Hi cmpd1781, Nice to be onboard, enjoying it so far but No Mention of A FORD! Not even ANY Truck!.....O.K, This Might Get Some Dialogue Going!!
THE NEW TOYOTA TUNDRA 5.7..WOW!, What a Machine Absolutely Crushing All-Comers!! How do we stand a Chance in the Wild West with this Level of Competition?..(makes my F150 seem Like a Horse & Cart! by Comparison!)
Whatdya say Bud?

Old 05-15-2007, 03:30 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I won't touch that one.....(haha)......Nothing against Toyotas......But the irony is, there's a higher percentage of a Toyota that's actually made in the USA.......than the percentage of a Ford actually that's actually made in the USA......Go figure.......

I'll give you a pointer.......Start a "thread" in the "Ford vs the Competition" section vis-a-vis the Tundra vs Ford (et al)........Should be lively......

Enjoy

Old 05-15-2007, 10:29 PM
conger
Posting Guru
Hey Fil... Beside Toyota's and the odd F150, What kind of trucks do you brits drive? Personally I like my Superduty diesel, athough I think it would be a challenge driving one on English roads. I think I would like to see "Top Gear" do a show where they would race some trucks on the Isle of Man. I saw the show, where Jeremy took a lightning for a cruise. He liked the power but hated the truck. He cracks me up....

Old 05-16-2007, 12:05 PM
FILDIGGER
New User
Hi Conger, Us Brit`s over the past several years have gone mad over Jap` Double Cabs, The Top Seller for many years being the Mitsubishi L200 But now knocked off Top spot by the Nissan Navara, they are all 2.5 or 3.0 ltr Diesels (the Nissan almost an exact copy of the Titan is almost up to `Full Size`!)..English roads and in particular car park spaces can be a real problem at times....The green party (Tree Huggers,as we call them!) are really sticking it to SUV/4x4 Drivers & are now being hit hard with tax,(Plus £4.50 per Gallon,$9 U.S Dollars..Arrrrgghhhh!!!!)
Never mind, Ill Keep on Driving (and paying!) My F150 Until the British Government take away ALL my Liberties....Then move to some Foriegn Land with Jeremy Clarkson & the last remaining Petrolheads
Enjoy it while you can..Al Gores World is Nigh!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:51 PM
conger
Posting Guru
We'd love to see some of those smaller diesels over here. In Canada and the US, we're limited to 3/4 ton pickups or bigger. Many of us can't figure out why the auto makers don't jump on this, since they wouldn't be able to make the smaller diesel trucks fast enough.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:59 PM
CaptGuz
Elder User
not a fan of 22"s but welcome anyway bud!

Quick Reply: "NEW" Member from U.K !