Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

W T F ????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 06:36 PM
shortbed7.3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool W T F ????????

I Get Bogged Down At Work,come Home And Go To Sleep,and Get Up And Do It All Over Again. I Finally Get To Sit Down At The Computer,and See No One Has Posted In A Week!!! We Have A Major Event Coming Up In Less Than A Month, And Nobody Is Even Asking About It?? No One Is Even Talkin About It!!! W T F ???? Am I The Only Person On New England That Can Get The Forums Buzzing??? You People Call Yourselves Enthusiasts??? Thats A Bunch Of Bull.. With Reactions Like This A Meet In June Is A Waste Of Time, Effort, And Especially Money!!!!! People Are Puttin Out For You And You'd Think That The Web Would Be Buzzin About Whats Goin On, Whos Gonna Be There And Especially How Many People Are Gonna Show Up!!!! Well I Got News For Ya, The Ct Boys Are Gonna Make The Rest Of You Look Really Bad!!

Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm planning on being there.

I've been buisy but have also noticed no one posting in quite some time.

I believe I got my uncle to go. I've been asking him every time I talk to him and he keeps saying "as long as it dosen't blow up by then"...

I am still not sure whats going to get me there yet. Parts are scarce for the 72 and everything has to be special ordered. Motor is basicly in (not hooked up), tranny should be going in this weekend and I will be able to stat hooking up the motor electronics. I am looking into getting a welder soon also so I can cure the inner fender problem (and to have another power toy to play with ..... welders, torches and air tools... how fun ).

If anyone out there ..... (sean ) wants to give me a hand let me know.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 AM
downhillpat
Elder User
Chill ....not everyone has a powerstroke...we all have a couple of projects and...wait..this sucks, everyone else in this place drives PSD. I believe me and 7283 up there are the only ones driving trucks that used to get the bomb dropped on them every day. Mine still gets the bomb dropped on it every day...I'm sure I've said it before, But my **** is constantly in gear trying to get things done, Rad Support, Headers, bumper, belts, tune up, clean and paint the motor, stripping emissions equip., fixing exhaust and fluid leaks, getting it to drive straight and shift right, hook up the kickdown, tranny to transfer case seal, slip yoke, rear tank fuel sender and fuel line clean up at motor, fix oil pressure sender, heater duct position ctrl. cable, water leaks in cab. ALL WITHOUT A GARAGE or A PROPER DRIVEWAY!!! every other weekend I have off I try to do stuff to my truck at work, but I have from 7:30 to 1:30 on a saturday and that's it.

Should ANYONE want to lend me a hand also, or a shop/garage some weekend I am all ears.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:46 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
ok, I'll bite.... Major event planned in less then a month? What exactly are you talking about? I looked around on this portion of the board back during January and found that some of you guys meet up for lunch and some bench 4 by 4ing from time to time, but didn't see anything else going on.

So, please for those of us, who you think are LESS enthusiastic, then YOURSELF. WTF are you talking about...

Old 05-12-2007, 06:50 PM
shortbed7.3
Senior User
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...10th-meet.html i apologize, i dont mean to sound like i'm the only one out here,i just get a little wound up when i see the boards go dead for a while. nothing personal.it seems like it's hard to get the word out up your way about stuff thats goin on.i'm from ct and we meet every sunday.we hang out for an hour or two.usually we have about 12-16 fords there and its a good time. i've been up to vt twice for meets and the last time there was only four trucks there,and two were from ct.it just seems like it's harder to get together up your way. check out our site http://www.ctpowerstrokedieselclub.com/album1.htm

Last edited by shortbed7.3; 05-12-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:23 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pat, seems like you need to blow that bomb up in your truck It might be easier to list what dosen't need to be fixed....

I keep getting pushed back on getting the '72 done. I'm now at a stand still untill parts come in. Mainly the inner wheel bearing seals. I went and packed the inner bearings and when I went to put the seal on they gave me the wrong seals. Went back and they don'r stock the correct one because the last inner seel like I need was sold in 1998. Had to order them. I gotta order everything for this 35 year old beast...

As of today I do have 3 FE motors in the garage. They take up soo much room.

I do understand how "shortbed" feels. I too have set up meet and what not only to have a few people show up. When that happens it a lot of time and money(sometimes) waisted and you get the feeling of "why do I even do this".

Old 05-13-2007, 04:27 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
I'm not faulting you guys for your feelings. But as a newbie to the NE Chapter area, I'll say that it's impossible to know that somethings going on. All I found so far is a multi page that starts off as who's going, then like most threads drifts to some other topic.

And based on what little I've read, it sounds like it's just a go and hang out deal. Nothing wrong with that, but not something that's going to motive some folks. Sorry.

Just my 2 cents, surely not claiming that I'm right on any of it. Best of luck with the event, hope it's a good turn out.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Originally Posted by svt2205
I'm not faulting you guys for your feelings. But as a newbie to the NE Chapter area, I'll say that it's impossible to know that somethings going on. All I found so far is a multi page that starts off as who's going, then like most threads drifts to some other topic.

And based on what little I've read, it sounds like it's just a go and hang out deal. Nothing wrong with that, but not something that's going to motive some folks. Sorry.

Just my 2 cents, surely not claiming that I'm right on any of it. Best of luck with the event, hope it's a good turn out.
Hi svt2205,

I posted some more info in the Sign Up for June 10th thread regarding our get together. Hopefully you can come. If you're not interested in this type of meet
perhaps you can attend another one of our gatherings and give us your input. Perhaps the energy and expertise that you offer would provide us with some ideas and you could provide leadership in getting something else going!!

Ken