Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Freshman User

704core is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Public Records?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of ya'll might know if it would be possible for me to find public records or something along those lines that would show what old Ford trucks my Grandfather owned. He has been deceased for 11 years now and I would love to try and find one of his old trucks to restore and save for my son. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Shane-
Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Elder User

blackie96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
One thing you could try, if you haven't already, is see who was/is now, in control of his estate. My grandfather passed away last April, and when my mom received his estate, she got all the titles to his vehicles. Other than that, I'm not really sure. I don't know if the DMV can release that kind of information, but it's worth a shot.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie96
One thing you could try, if you haven't already, is see who was/is now, in control of his estate. My grandfather passed away last April, and when my mom received his estate, she got all the titles to his vehicles. Other than that, I'm not really sure. I don't know if the DMV can release that kind of information, but it's worth a shot.
They can but you have to go to Raleigh and pay a fee
Old 05-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Elder User

ncfirefighter46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
They can but you have to go to Raleigh and pay a fee
yeah cliff knows all about fees, god knows how many fees he pays to keep mary from killing him

Last edited by ncfirefighter46; 05-08-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Freshman User

704core is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

thanks yall. My grandmother is still in control of his estate but Im looking for the vehicles he uesd to own and sold years ago, before i was even born. Hey OTR do you think i have to actually go to Raliegh or do you think I could just Email them?
Again thanks for ya'lls help!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 704core
thanks yall. My grandmother is still in control of his estate but Im looking for the vehicles he uesd to own and sold years ago, before i was even born. Hey OTR do you think i have to actually go to Raliegh or do you think I could just Email them?
Again thanks for ya'lls help!
Might be easier for you to go that way you can do the research and make sure the information is right. You can try email but I'm sure you will have to fill out a few forms.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfirefighter46
yeah cliff knows all about fees, god knows how many fees he pays to keep mary from killing him
Not as much as you do when Fran comes after you.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Elder User

blackie96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Not as much as you do when Fran comes after you.
I'm glad I don't have to worry about that.....we live 2 hours away from each other....all I have to do is go home!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie96
I'm glad I don't have to worry about that.....we live 2 hours away from each other....all I have to do is go home!
My wife does let me get into trouble.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Elder User

Quote:
My wife does let me get into trouble.
yea right, then when you are done she grounds you
Old 05-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
yea right, then when you are done she grounds you
Yeah but your wife buries you.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Yeah but your wife buries you.
well at least then i dont have to look up at you
Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
well at least then i dont have to look up at you
You sure about that??? She said she wasn't going to bury you face down.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Senior User

jwcorder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Call your local private investigator. Give him the name and he can search the DMV for records of vehicles registered to your relative. Once he has that information, you can then search on those VINs and see if they are still registered and who owns them. Then you can track those people down and have them call the law for stalking...lol...just messing around. But prepare to pay if you go the PI. It will be MUCH faster though and save you tons of paperwork.

I used to do IT work for a firm in Winston and we did this stuff all the time for people.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter