6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Hot Shot's Secret - Oil Additive

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:21 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Georgecls
Yes, I do have first hand experience with the product. We had a towing customer (who we sold engine oil to) whose two new Ford wreckers were in the garage with injector issues more than they were out and driving him nuts. We tried the product in total desperation as nothing Ford suggested was working. He was losing considerable dollars in that his brand NEW trucks were essentially non-usable and more than once he had to tow both his new wrecker AND the tow at the same time with one of his old Ford gas engined trucks.

It has been going on two years now and neither truck has seen a Ford garage since using the Hotshot treatment.. I was given the product as samples in the trial stages and have no connection with the seller. Our customer has forgotten that there was ever a problem but continues to use the treatment regularly.

So, yes, I have pesonal experience.... And it works and certainly helps..
Okie dokie, I guess that cinches it.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
M. Kelly
Senior User
Does anyone have a technical data or msds sheet on this product? Mike

Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Heres there website. http://www.lubricationspecialties.com/

Beach, I can understand why you would be against an oil additive since you've never lost an injector or had injector problems, so you really have no need to try one, but for some people losing injectors is a non-stop problem, which seems to be alot bigger problem in the colder climates. Ive known several people that have got rid of there 6.0s because of continuous injector problems, I havnt lost an injector yet but Ive got somewhat of a stiction issue even after the buzz flash. I could take it back to ford but I know they will just give me the inductive heating flash and send me on my way, which I dont want. So for me this sounds like an option worth trying.

Last edited by a-rod; 05-08-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 PM
tj.brewster
Senior User
I just received my hot shot from these guys. I'm gonna give it a try. I've got a 03 6.0 with 225k on the clock. I have a couple injectors that appear to be weak...cold start rough idle and that sort of stuff. I figure I'm a little ways out of warranty so any replacement injectors or dealer work is gonna cost both arms and legs. If this will help....not heal the injectors then i can continue to save up for new performance injectors. Changing the oil next weekend so if anyone is interested I"ll report my opinion.

TJ

Old 05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
hdway
Senior User
What effect does engine oil additives have on fuel injector performance I would think that fuel additives would have more effect on injectors

Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hdway
What effect does engine oil additives have on fuel injector performance I would think that fuel additives would have more effect on injectors
Since engine oil is used to fire the Hydraulic injectors, engine oil is very important in the PSD.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:38 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tj.brewster
I just received my hot shot from these guys. I'm gonna give it a try. I've got a 03 6.0 with 225k on the clock. I have a couple injectors that appear to be weak...cold start rough idle and that sort of stuff. I figure I'm a little ways out of warranty so any replacement injectors or dealer work is gonna cost both arms and legs. If this will help....not heal the injectors then i can continue to save up for new performance injectors. Changing the oil next weekend so if anyone is interested I"ll report my opinion.
TJ
The members of FTE are always interested in good information. So post your results so that we can all learn

Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
thanks for the info George, I will be looking into this

Old 05-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Chris Gabe
Former Vendor
I had a chance to catch up with this thread and would like to add a few pieces to the puzzle. First Hot Shot's Secret was tested in all different oils, all over the country for 2 years. It is not only safe but very effective. As for additives in general- I think they can be a great help if used properly. I am not an advocate of using additives off the shelf. To me that is like telling someone that is sick to go to the drug store and get a bottle of pills and take some. How do you know what to use if you don't know what the problem is. By the same token I don't believe CJ4 or CI4 can cover everything. One truck had to idle for 8 hours a day, another is towing 20,000#, and another is driving in stop and go traffic in Chicago. One oil is not going to cover all those applications effectively. It is not the oil companies fault. I think they do a great job of supplying the products we need. But I think using the right additives in the right application can greatly improve your efficiency. One other thing. I have worked on projects with several of the major engine and compressor manufacturers. They don't have a problem with additives or other oils. They have a problem with opening a can of worms. Once when I was working on a problem with Chevy they acknowledged that a specific fuel additive could correct a problem they were having with corrosion but they didn't want everybody and their brother sending in additives for them to test. And they were afraid that some additives could do more harm than good. So they just said "don't use additives". Sometimes politics plays a roll in what we get.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Chris Gabe
Former Vendor
I don't know if you guys seen the other thread about this product so I will give you some of the high points. It was developed specifically for this problem. We tested many different formulations to get to this point. We were able to correct the problem in the injectors 86% of the time. The injectors get so hot and build up so much friction that they coke the oil and leave a residue in the injector. The computers are so sofisticated that they just keep adjusting for it until it gets so bad that it seems like the injector needs replaced. Probably 50% of the injectors that get replaced are fine. Hot Shot's Secret was developed to SAFELY correct the problem. In the tests we took 100 trucks with "stiction" and treated them. 86 were cured 100%. Out of the other 14 trucks we able to positively effect the situation, just not cure it. Most of the time the computer would show 4 injectors needing replaced, after one treatment it would show 1. Still helpful. Almost everyone noticed a difference in the way the truck ran and many commented on the turbo. The company put the project on hold because of internal reasons. I figured we came this far we might as well take it to the people. I had it blended, packaged and labeled and have a whole bunch of it in inventory. All the people I know that have Power Strokes told me it was too important to let die so I am doing my best. If you have any questins I am glad to anwer them. This whole project is an open book.
Chris Gabrelcik

Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Reidicus
Senior User
How often should I add a bottle? Every oil change? And how fast do the results usually show? I currently have my first Hot Shots Secrete additive in the truck.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Chris Gabe
Former Vendor
You don't need to add it every time. Most of the trucks were "cured" after one treatment. Results usually show in the first 1000 miles. There is no problem with using it in every oil change but I don't think it needed. Just when the symptoms show up.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 05-11-2007, 01:34 AM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Thanks for all the info Gabe, Im convinced enough to at least try some, My stiction issue isnt to bad, but its obviously there on cold starts. Only problem is that its finally warming up here so I wont be seeing anymore cold starts to really test it out. But performance wise my truck honestly doesnt seem to run quite like it used to and I suppose it could be the injectors. And what really got me thinking it could be injectors is that my buddy just had 4 replaced and his truck now runs like a raped ape compared to what it was.. so obviously sticky injectors hurt performance.

Reidicus have you noticed anything yet?? How many miles so far using it?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Reidicus
Senior User
Not many at the moment.About 400 km so far. My injectors are way worse than yours. Even on a hot day, I am having issues with sticking injectors. After its warm, it runs fine. NO codes. Even took it to the dealer and said that there is no injector problems. I have the inductive heating and that didnt help too much. Still stock injectors but looking at a whole new set. Still deciding if I want stock or aftermarket. My engine does have 215,000 km on it.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 AM
halfbolt
Junior User
Where does one buy this product, or is there a web site one can go to?
Thanx Halfbolt

Quick Reply: Hot Shot's Secret - Oil Additive