Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Elder User

blackie96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Who's up for a round of "Name That Part"?

I found a plug under the hood that was unplugged the other day, and I don't know what it is. I'm having EVAP trouble, and I'm wondering if it's related to that system. I have pictures of the plug and the box thing it seems to be connected to in the "Parts" album of my gallery. If anyone can identify this thing, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by blackie96; 05-03-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: left out a word
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
I have no idea. Have you posted in the ranger thread?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Elder User

Yeah, first asked the question in the Ranger thread last night, or this morning rather, when you and I stopped talking...lol. I posted the pics up today, and haven't gotten anything back in that thread, so I thought I'd try here. I also mentioned it in the "general chatter" thread over in WA. It's gotten me really bumfuzzled, and I started the reset process again today but realized I didn't have to go anywhere, and didn't drive it. Didn't want to waste the precious gas since I have about a 100 mile trip tomorrow anyway.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie96
Yeah, first asked the question in the Ranger thread last night, or this morning rather, when you and I stopped talking...lol. I posted the pics up today, and haven't gotten anything back in that thread, so I thought I'd try here. I also mentioned it in the "general chatter" thread over in WA. It's gotten me really bumfuzzled, and I started the reset process again today but realized I didn't have to go anywhere, and didn't drive it. Didn't want to waste the precious gas since I have about a 100 mile trip tomorrow anyway.
Yeah with gas prices no one can afford to waste it
Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Elder User

Nope. Luckily, the problems I'm having don't seem to have made my mileage go down any. I can go from here to Concord on 1/4 tank, with about 40 miles of that being winding country roads, so she does pretty good.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Post Fiend

not too bad I was getting 22 mpg out of my truck so with the new IAC I hope it picks up a little more
Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Elder User

Oh that'll be good. Any improvent at all in that department helps the wallet.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Post Fiend

Now if I could get my wife to stop driving it.It would be even better.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Elder User

See, I don't have that problem....no one drives mine but me, except for the occaisional trip to a place I'm not familiar with in Concord when I let my b/f drive. My mom tried it once, and we realized that my mom and my truck have a mutual dislike for each other. I've had that truck for a year now, and (knock on wood) she's always fired up on the first try for me. My mom tried to drive it to work one day, and she came back in and said it wouldn't start. I think it was just the fact that she's used to a hydraulic clutch (dad's F-150) and she killed mine and it wouldn't start back. She won't admit it though.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie96
See, I don't have that problem....no one drives mine but me, except for the occaisional trip to a place I'm not familiar with in Concord when I let my b/f drive. My mom tried it once, and we realized that my mom and my truck have a mutual dislike for each other. I've had that truck for a year now, and (knock on wood) she's always fired up on the first try for me. My mom tried to drive it to work one day, and she came back in and said it wouldn't start. I think it was just the fact that she's used to a hydraulic clutch (dad's F-150) and she killed mine and it wouldn't start back. She won't admit it though.
I can't drive my car as good as she does. and she can't drive my truck like I can.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Elder User

I'm always just really particular with my truck. Even when the b/f's driving it, I correct him if he's shifting at diferent RPMs than I do, and so forth.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Posting Guru

MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.
that looks like a brake system sensor connector that is on my truck.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKO314
Ok, wasn't quite expecting that...lol. But you know, I was thinking that the box did kind of look like a master cylinder. It's been unplugged for God only knows how long, and I haven't seen any problems with the brakes, so I guess I'm still in good shape. Still doesn't solve my CE light problem, but that's ok. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Senior User

2HI2CU is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKO314
I'm with Mako on this.....if that plug goes to what I think it does then it goes to your ABS.

2HI2CU
Old 05-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HI2CU
I'm with Mako on this.....if that plug goes to what I think it does then it goes to your ABS.
Ah, ok. Hope I haven't messed anything up with it being unplugged for so long!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter