1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

ksmith

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 PM
tomoto
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ksmith

can you drive your truck If so could you and your dad go for that ride togetter..It can be done .

Old 05-24-2007, 08:45 PM
amish77
Cargo Master
what are you talking about? Try a personal message if you want to talk directly to ksmith

Old 05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Amish77, Kevin's father passed away shortly before the big truck was finished. It was a simple gesture of condolence.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 PM
tomoto
Senior User
amish77: I 'm so sorry and I will not come back on this form again ,I'm really sorry . I'm not so good at writing and the words just don't come out and on the this board as I would had ment I did not mean no offend .just If I had a dad and was close to I would had like to spend all the time I could . I don't mean to offend any one .

Last edited by tomoto; 05-24-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tomoto
amish77: I 'm so sorry and I will not come back on this form again ,I'm really sorry . I'm not so good at writing and the words just don't come out and on the this board as I would had ment I did not mean no offend .just If I had a dad and was close to I would had like to spend all the time I could . I don't mean to offend any one .
I think you're the one who should stay. Never saw you get RUDE with anyone.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:34 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
T - You've never offended anyone on here that I know of. Stick around for all our sakes. If you go, we won't have a 4-door cabover guru anymore.

BTW - where are you in Indiana. I'm headed to New Harmony, IN this weekend to pick-up a running 48 F6. Hope you are somewhere near I-64 and around this weekend. Might try to look you up.

Carl G.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
what is it with people complaining about someone posting a message ? it doesn't bother myself or i imagine any one else and considering the content of this one it really shouldn't bother you .

Old 05-25-2007, 07:34 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Guys chill out ...and NO....no one needs to or should leave FTE.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
Tomoto, We picked up the ashes on Monday. My mom was hesitant on wanting them in her house until she felt a little bit better. I will be taking my dad for a ride this Tuesday. I think he will enjoy it. I do still want to come to see you but it will have to be around June 26 or 27th. I have a golf outing I am running for the booster club on June 9th, the big car show in Massillon (boy would one of you coe be the featured truck) on June 16, and my family is planning on going away the 23rd of june to some where.

Tomoto don't pay any attention to amish777, I love your work. I think you have to be one of the best fabricators on this forum. It would be a terrible disappointment to not have you with us. I understand you posts just fine.

Amish777 maybe you should learn the circumstance of a post before you attack anyone on the forum. The post was an outstanding suggestion, which I myself did not think of . I will now be taking my dad for a ride!

Thanks tomoto for the suggestion, it will mean alot for my dad and myself!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
amish77
Cargo Master
Easy guys, I wasn't looking to attack anyone. I found the post after it hadn't been replied to for a couple of weeks, and I thought that it would be better for the poster to send a personal message to make sure the message gets across. It didn't look like anyone had seen it and that's the problem with public posts for private messages. Ksmith, I did not in any way mean to smear any condolances. I just wanted the message to get received.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,351 Likes on 1,110 Posts
Originally Posted by tomoto
Your posts are much appreciated by everyone here.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:27 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
amish777: my father committed suicide on April 30th of this year. He was discovered on May 1st. I was not aware this post existed as taking care of the arrangements was a priority of that time. I am glad you posted now and I discovered the thread. I now will have the opportunity for my dad and I to take a ride in my truck. We will then lay his ashes to rest at the appropriate location.

I apologize for my response as you were correct, I had not seen the thread.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,351 Likes on 1,110 Posts
Again, condolences on your gtreat loss KS.
I`m glad this is all settled now and all misunderstandings finally are resolved.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:25 AM
kdmcinnes
Elder User
Man ksmith, I know we have not talked much, but I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know it is a very difficult time, we are all here for you. Now I hope everyone understands the importance of these old trucks! That truck holds a heart value to memories some good/some bad but probobly great memories of of and with your dad. My son all thought only 4 years old has helped me the past 2 years on mine, he even has his own set of tools (Plastic). I know I have great memories of him even the one just freshly painted truck and him wanting to help daddy wet sand-problem was he did not have any water, but he did have a peice of 80 grit Its was hard to look at it as funny then, but now I love to tell the story. I know if something happened to me he would have the pictures and the memories, and vice versa. These trucks are not hobbies, they are a lifestyle. they are there to bring the family closer, whether building them together or just going for a drive in them together. Life is precious and uncertain, we never know what tommorow brings so live it with the ones you love today! Thats all, My keyboard is getting to wet.

Ksmith-keep your head up and enjoy the ride with your father! I am sure he will be smiling!

Kyle

Old 05-27-2007, 10:21 AM
F6Guy
Elder User
KSMITH- my condolences to you and your family, I hope you and your dad enjoy that ride. However, know this, every time you drive that truck he will be with you. As long as you walk this earth he will be with you in all that you do and everywhere you go for as long as your heart is open he will have a place to be with you.

Quick Reply: ksmith