Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
New User

dpinson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tonneau cover Sport Trac

Does anyone know how to remove the key barrel on a Sport Trac Tonneau cover. There is a cap over the barrel link with cables to the side locks and I want to remove the barrell to make new keys. I just bought the tonneau cover in a scrap yard and the dont have the keys.

Thank you

Daniel P.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Elder User

gasman6674 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are two key barrels. One center rear, the other drivers front. I beleve they are held on form the back with a slide clip. Once you pop it off the unit should push thru.
There looks like there is a pin to depress to remve the cables to the latches ,But i am not 100% as I couldnt see very well

Good Luck
Regards
gasman
2004 Escape Ltd FWD, 1996 F350 7.3L CCLB DRW,
On order 2015 F350 6.2L CCLB SRW
2012 Ridgeline by Yellowstone Fifth Wheel
Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Senior User

mikeinri is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would take it to a locksmith. Those guys can be amazing, and they'll rekey it while they're at it. Since this is mobile (you can bring it to them, they don't have to make a service call), that should save you some cash.

Mike
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM
New User

dpinson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Barell removed

Thank you for your help. Yesterday I got to a locksmith and he tell me that he had no idea how to remove the barell, so when I came back to home I use two small screwdriver to pry the plastic cap and the two small plastic pins retainig the cap are forced to slide by the holes. Now, I can remove the barell. All I will have to do when reinstalling will probably to apply some silicone glue to hold back the plastic cap.

Thank you
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
2001, 2005, barrel, bed, canopy, cap, cover, ford, key, remove, removing, sport, sportrac, sports, tonneau, trac