2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better spray in bed liner: Rhino or Line-X?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Drawets
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better spray in bed liner: Rhino or Line-X?

I want to put a spray in bedliner in my '04 Screw 6.5' bed.

The Line-X is $450 & the Rhino is either $440 or $390 depending if I go w/ the rough texture or not.

Anybody have a preference b/t these two?

If so, why?

Thanks for any input.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
()smoke()
Junior User
my personal preference is line-x as i like the finish better in terms of hardness and aesthetics...both seem to be great products

Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 AM
kenwowski
Senior User
just got line-x on my truck 07 scab 6.5 ft bed it cost around 450 as well and it looks amazing GO WITH LINE-X

Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Not having either, I can say I’ve heard better reviews for Line-X over the years then Rhino.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Cuisinart
Senior User
Well, i'll be the one to stand out. I have the rhino and I'm familiar with both. I prefer the rhino as the material has more "give" than the line-x does.

The line-x material is much harder than the rhino material and while that seems like a good thing at first I've found that it means it chips and flakes easier. The (line-x) surface is more like sand-paper while the rhino is more like a hard rubber or soft plastic.

I've hauled everything from broken up concrete to dirt and I just feel the rhino is superior.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
the_webers_inc
A mostly quiet Supporter
I can't complain, I am happy with Line-X on my '06. Lumber, Sack Crete, and Construction waste have been hauled with no ill effects on the Line-X.

Just make sure the shop that will be doing it has a good reputation. The shop that did mine got a little caried away on the tail gate & it wouldn't close properly due to the Line-X being too thick in certain spots. But they fixed it & all is well.

T. J.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:33 PM
desertford
Senior User
Had both,cuisinart is right about rhino being softer but both were great hauled broken concrete, gravel, sand, dirt bikes etc Both of them held up well

Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 PM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I got Line-X because it looks better. I've seen some RhinoLiners that were sprayed well but a lot of them I've seen looked saggy and sloppy.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
I've heard that the LineX is warrantied nationwide, while Rhino is only warrantied by the selling dealer. I've had both,,Rhino in my old '92 F250 and LineX in my 05 250. Perfer the LineX. It seems as if the black stays black better. Much easier to clean. I showed the LineX seller my quote from the Rhino guy and he matched it.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:03 PM
VFR_Man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A co-worker has had both and prefers Line-X. His Rhino's faded too quick and were too easy to tear in his opinion.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Vicki Gaudreau
New User
My son bought his truck while he was in Iraq so we took care of everything. I researched Rhino & Line-X & went for the Line-X. The cost for either is about the same but, as BPofMD mentioned, Line-X has a national, lifetime warranty. The Line-X dealer also gave my son a 10% military discount ~ the courtesy was appreciated even more than the $ amount. I prefer the finish & figured if it's strong enough (the industrial Line-X) to protect our soldiers against bomb blasts , it's plenty strong enough for a bedliner.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Murk
Junior User
Went with the LineX myself. I investigated a Rhino as well, and in my head, I was somewhat divided until I went and visited the shops in my area. The people at the Rhino shop were basically a very unintelligent group and basically made me feel that if I didn't get the Rhino IMMEDIATLY that I was making a huge mistake.

Visiting the LineX dealer was much more pleasant. The guy took the time to call me back on his day off and explain to me the differences between both. He didn't sell Rhino short at all, but kind of politely explained why, in his opinion, the LineX was superior. When I went to his shop, he took me outside to his F150 with the LineX in it and took me all around the back of his truck to show me all the little "hard to reach" areas that he made sure to spray his product in. I was just really impressed with his approach and when I told him what Rhino was charging me, he quoted me $30 cheaper.

So I'm completely happy with my LineX. Take the time to visit some shops to get a feel for the people taking care of your truck. My truck is like my kid, I'm not leaving it with an irresponsible babysitter.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 PM
DASTUD
Elder User
I prefer the look of the Rhino. I had them Rhino my truck box, inside and out and love it. They put a protectant on the truck box and it still has the glossy finish as it did over a year ago. Both are great, just like the less sandpaper look of the Rhino. Good luck!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:25 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Got my Line-X last month for $375. The nationwide lifetime warranty sold me and it looks great.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM
06fx4md
New User
Another vote for Line-X. I have had mine for a year now and it looks just as good now as it did when I got it done. I have hauled all sorts of crap around and the finish has stayed in good shape. The shop I had it done at took out the bed bolts. I have noticed that some shops don't do that and spray over them.

Colin

Quick Reply: Better spray in bed liner: Rhino or Line-X?