Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Freshman User

704core is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Holley or Edelbrock???

HAHAHA I know im gonna start a fire with this one but... Like ya'll know I'm new to this arena and all ive really messed with as far as performance goodies is on old VWs so... whats everyones take on the whole Holley vs. Edelbrock match-up. I want to see what you guys say before I plunk down my hard earned cash. Not going all blown and built, just want to upgrade some things. Thanks for ya'lls input and time.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
I like Edelbrock myself I have had good luck with them. Holleys on the other hand are hard to get set up to me.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Elder User

dixiemudder04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i had both. i prefer edelbrock. I had a holley 650 and it didnt run good. Put a 600 edlebrock on it and tweeked it and it purrs like a kitten.
2006 Ford F150 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, 4.10 w/ limited slip, 5.4L triton, K&N CAI, Preditor Programmer, 2.5" AS leveling kit, 1 chamber mufflers with 45* 4" tips out to the side, 17x8 eagle alloy 058, 20% tint, 305/70/17 nitto a/t's
Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Posting Guru

MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.
Edelbrock here, the holleys are to damn moody for mild or semiwild street machines. go down right crazy with engine mods and go holley dominator all the way

Ashley
2000 F250 Destroked "Frankinstien" CR 5.9 Cummins 631 HP 1389 lbtq
2003 explorer limited AWD V8
1990 7-UP mustang 5.0
Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Dang it Ashley!!!! Call me.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Go with a 4160 Holley Carb, Edelbrock Intake, and Comp for a Cam.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Last edited by Placermike; 05-02-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Elder User

ncfirefighter46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
well if you dont want your truck to burn up use a edelbrock.

i have used both and the holly blowed the power valve and my car went in flames. a holly is good for the strip edelbrock great for everyday driving
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Elder User

79 Trailer Special is starting off with a positive reputation.
We use both at the shop and when asked this question this is how I reply.
For an everyday driver or something you want to set and forget use an Edelbrock.

If your racing or want max performance then a Holley is more for you.

The new line of holleys like the street or truck avenger have many changes that address their past problems related to power valves and fuel leaks. They also seem to hold a tune better than the older ones.

If you do go for the Edelbrock get the tuning kit also. Almost everyone I have done is lean out of the box and this is confirmed with an air/fuel ratio meter. Your engine setup will be a big deciding factor on what you will need.

I'll keep my guns, my freedom and my money, you can keep your "change"

Old 05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Elder User

SCWIDVICIOUS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Holley carbs all I will buy. If you know how to set one up, you dont have to mess with them, and will run reliably for you.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWIDVICIOUS
Holley carbs all I will buy. If you know how to set one up, you dont have to mess with them, and will run reliably for you.
Yeah but if you put a edelbrock on your truck will run right. Oh wait a mintue you can't drive your truck.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter