Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Clean da' Trails :)

Cleaning the trails WooHoo!

The winter windstorms and record rain hurt us around Puget Sound -- power out for days, roofs caved in, cars smashed. I'm in the midst of buckin' & burnin' the downed trees and limbs here in the road and woods. And working the winter fat off lol...

Before and after shots of trails (I cut with the 'dozer a couple of years ago) then got trashed again by the storms. Who wants free firewood? Bring your chainsaw...

click 'n zoom

Before:

After:

Old 05-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Elder User

Eric C. is starting off with a positive reputation.
????? NO Pictures

I Love the smell of Diesel in the Morning, It's the smell of $$$$$$$
Old 05-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric C.
????? NO Pictures
You're not seeing the pix?

The click 'n zoom thumbnails work for me...maybe does your forum webpage show "vB code off" or [IMG] code off instead of On?

Last edited by RexB; 05-01-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Postmaster

nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
No wonder you go to Bed Early!!!...............

Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Yall are doing a great job.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Post Fiend

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
Looks great, Rex! Looks just like the property across the street from my house! We were hit by the same storm ~ 100+ mph winds, trees down everywhere blocking the main route out of town, power out for a week, all while it was only 12 degrees outside! Hope that doesn't become the norm!
Official Slackmaster #24 ~ Zombie Survivalist Extraordinaire
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Rex, when I'm up there to work on that house over by Deep Lake, if you don't mind, I'll take a load or two back to my place. I will be up there for about 3 weeks. Saw in hand ready to cut. It still needs some of Mike's loving, but still goes.

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:10 AM
Posting Guru

oneminizut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
KGI ONETIME
Shoot. I'll post my pics tomorrow. I still have branches that could kill Hercules resting on a feather. Not to mention what I had to clean up already. Yeah, it was a bad winter for us out here off of the Sound.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. ~ Martha Washington
Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Posting Guru

Ye Snowbunny, all we'uns got smacked by the windstorms -- these durn shallow-rooted alders and hemlocks just popped the rootballs right out of the soggy ground. A few of the real firs splintered off above the ground, i hated to lose those especially.

Ok friends, psyche me up for another day of cuttin' and burnin'! The east side is done, started the road clearing yesterday, then on to the west side, Woot!!

Road cleaning; Stihl chainsaw is a blessing again
Old 05-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneminizut
Shoot. I'll post my pics tomorrow. I still have branches that could kill Hercules resting on a feather. Not to mention what I had to clean up already. Yeah, it was a bad winter for us out here off of the Sound.
Ok John, you and Hercules get your ***** up here and help, it's killing me.

Ahhh, the good pains!

Been doing these since I first cleared nine years ago. Sure could use that dozer again *sad sniff*
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Rex, when I'm up there to work on that house over by Deep Lake, if you don't mind, I'll take a load or two back to my place. I will be up there for about 3 weeks. Saw in hand ready to cut. It still needs some of Mike's loving, but still goes.
Ok Tom, I'll leave some trimmed trunks 'n limbs out of the burn, a lot of it's too big & green to burn very well now, some will have to wait till Fall (dammit). The dam root ***** are taking forever. Diesel, WasteOil, propane starters, can't get within 15feet of the burn it's so hot, and those dam roots still won't catch. Have to cure for 2years, 3years and counting. Need an excavator to get them to the top of the pile. Oh well.

Plus there's 1-year-down 'old' trunks on the ground too that we'll cut 'n split, ready for your fireplace now. I've got mauls and wedges, bring yours too, n chainsaw, if there's room to carry them.

Last edited by RexB; 05-02-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Douse with Naptha/ parts cleaner solvent (lighter fluid). It soaks in, hit them a couple times the day before the burn, then a lot right before lighting. You can get it for $22 for a 5gallon bucket at Parts Plus stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport
but i can't tell you where i am, i don't want the nice men in the white suits and hug me jackets finding me
Old 05-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexB
Ok Tom, I'll leave some trimmed trunks 'n limbs out of the burn, a lot of it's too big & green to burn very well now, some will have to wait till Fall.
Not a problem, that is my plan. Start the cutting, splitting, and stacking now. That way I can go out and play hard all summer long and hope for an Indian Summer as well. I have about 2 cords sitting on the side of the house, another 6 cords to go.

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
Douse with Naptha/ parts cleaner solvent (lighter fluid). It soaks in, hit them a couple times the day before the burn, then a lot right before lighting. You can get it for $22 for a 5gallon bucket at Parts Plus stores.
Thanks for the tip, the green pile had dried out from it's starter-burn yesterday, it burned hot yesterday. The eyebrows will grow back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
... I'll take a load or two back to my place.
How much should I leave out...what's a load or two? Pickup bed loads or trailer loads, 1 cord or 3 or ...
Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Have a nice Beer!!!

Your up too early. My loads are truck loads, 8' foot bed, bucked not split. Thats just 1 cent. worth. I use what we can get our house warm. Don't want to burden you with a pile you want gone now or can get in the way of what ever you are trying to do. What we don't use is used for summer camping fun. Esentially what you do not want to burn now or move around, I'll come get. I just don't want to create too much work for ya.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 AM