New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Change in Chapter Membership Guidelines

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Change in Chapter Membership Guidelines

There has been a change in what FTE will allow in terms of Chapter membership. From now on members will only be allowed to be a be a member of one state and one regional chapter. For example, you can be a member of the NY Chapter and the Mid-Atlantic Region Chapter.

The reasons behind this change are as follows from an FTE administration standpoint:

1. Having a more accurate picture of the number of folks in your region who are interested and/or active in the chapter.
2. It will allow us to send legislative alerts to those impacted by pending automotive related legislation, while not sending it to those who aren't impacted.
3. In regards to #2, it will also allow us to do contests, offers, giveaways, group buys, etc., that are regional in nature. For instance, if a vendor is doing a dyno day we can notify chapter members who are more likely to be close enough to actually attend.
4. It encourages users to keep their user record up to date if they move to a new region and wish to join a new chapter (you'd be surprised at how many folks don't update user records with new email addresses, locations, etc.).

I agree with this fully as I was a member of several states due to being friends with the CL of that state, but I did get a lot of unrelated PM's as a result of it. There is an exception that I am looking into right now for some of our members that are dual residents. It seems they would benefit from being a member of both of the states they reside in.

I will keep you all posted on any updates to this and please let me know if you are having problems with your membership since they did the cleanup.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Dual state residents

Those of you who are dual state residents can be approved to be members of the NY Chapter as well as your other state. Send me a membership request and state that you are dual state in it. You might want to include it in your profile as well as that is where the admins will be looking.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:10 PM
NJ2000R
Junior User
NY and NJ here!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:48 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 845 Likes on 764 Posts
Trumansburg, NY and Stuart, VA. about 50-50% in each state.