Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Posting Guru

Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.
GM axes hybrid pickups until two-mode system debuts in 2008

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...024/LATESTNEWS
Old 04-30-2007, 04:30 AM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
And a good move in my opinion...

I would be even holding off on the "two-mode" system if results out of Scuderi's developmental twin piston engine are anything to go by too...

Last edited by BigF350; 05-02-2007 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
This was all I found about twin piston engines-
http://www.freepatentauction.com/patent?nb=1234
I'm assuming the one you're talking about is a bit better designed?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Posting Guru

SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.
The Hemi's are also going to the "two mode" system in 08. Anyone hear of plans for something like this for the Ford Modular engines?
2000 Excursion Limited - 7.3 Diesel - Mine
2005 Freestar Sport - The wife's
Old 04-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
This was all I found about twin piston engines-
http://www.freepatentauction.com/patent?nb=1234
I'm assuming the one you're talking about is a bit better designed?
No - that design is similar to the old Junkers Jumo aero diesels.

This involves having two cylinders connected to a common crank (like a V-twin).
The first piston does the induction and compression stroke. The compressed air then goes to a accumulator.

The main advantage to it is that it is so much cheaper to build than a "conventional hybrid".
You also have the advantages of designing the pistons specifically for thier tasks too (power stroke, or compression).
Being able to use the "miller cycle".
Through engine braking you can store the "energy" in the accumulator in the form of compressed air.
You get a much more efficient engine, as the compressed air can be cooled prior to combustion.
Engines that can easily be supercharged - by making a compression cylinder that has a larger bore than the combustion cylinder.

I can't find any websites on it.... will try and scan a schematic when I go home.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Posting Guru

Frankenbiker is a name known to allFrankenbiker is a name known to allFrankenbiker is a name known to allFrankenbiker is a name known to allFrankenbiker is a name known to allFrankenbiker is a name known to all
frankenbiker
www.scuderigroup.com

-blaine
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Post Fiend

tanks
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition