Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Freshman User

tohi2care is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Bc Fsr

Anyone interested in doing some trails? We could take the Harrison west FSR and go to Pemberton, or go to esat harrison or chilliwack?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
What kind of trails are you talking about..??

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Elder User

bchunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Man, I would be there in a flash with you if I was down there. What are you driving?
Old 04-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Maybe we can arrange something so you can come down hunter!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Senior User

Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Harrison West does have some trails that would be interesting in a full-size. Sunrise Lake and Hale Creek. I was up at Sunrise a couple weeks ago on my quad, and the snow is gone now. There are a couple of other trails along Harrison West that might be interesting as well. Could always check out the abandoned logging camp, although the loop trail is not a challenge.

You can take Harrison East to get to a good rock crawl, longer than the one at Dickson Lake, and with a pretty good elevation gain, but it may still have snow on it. I don't know of any other good trails off of Harrison East.

Seems funny talking about snow on such a warm, sunny day at the end of April!
Greg :: PAA#55
1999.0 F-350 4x4 PSD SRW reg cab, auto, manual xfer case, Warn manual hubs, aluminum flatdeck, VB springs, Predator tuner, 6637, LT285/75R16E Duratracs, 2003 40/20/40, 2005 cupholder, 2005-07 front end, Sirius Starmate 3
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Posting Legend

Sounds like some very cool trails! I dont know if my big ol f250 would do very well on them though!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:25 AM
Freshman User

Hale Creek and Sunrise are cool. I went with the BC 4x4 club for a cleanup (its the second week of every month) I was told that main road can take you all the way to pemberton and was interested in finding out.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:46 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Here is a site for you. Some of the scenery on this is fantastic.

http://128.83.80.200/taco/index.html
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 04-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Posting Legend

Cool link, there is lots of neat pictures in there.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior User

Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohi2care
I was told that main road can take you all the way to pemberton and was interested in finding out.
Yes, the Harrison West FSR will take you to Pemberton. From Pemberton you can head NW up the Pemberton Meadows road and take the Hurley River FSR to Bralorne and Goldbridge. Then the Carpenter Lake Rd to the Terizaghi Dam, where you can either take the Mission Pass road over to Seton Lake and the highline road to D'Arcy and then the Sea to Sky back to the Lower Mainland. Or from the dam to Moha, then down the Yalakom to Lillooet, and from Lillooet either the Duffy Lake road to the Sea to Sky or the sometimes-narrow Texas Creek FSR and the Westside FSR high above the Fraser down to Lytton, then the Fraser Canyon back to the Fraser Valley.

Also, Harrison East FSR will take you to Boston Bar, which is another good loop of easy backroad driving. From Boston Bar you can get onto the Uztlius Creek and Spius areas which will then take you to Merritt. Then on to Cabin Lake via the Mini Whipsaw... I could go on forever!

I have travelled exensively through those areas and would be happy to lead an "exploration" trip, ie. mostly FSR travel, easy driving, but you really get to see a lot of nice scenery.

But I need to buy new tires and fix a U-joint on my front d-shaft first. Heading outside right now to look at my cup-holder.
Greg :: PAA#55
1999.0 F-350 4x4 PSD SRW reg cab, auto, manual xfer case, Warn manual hubs, aluminum flatdeck, VB springs, Predator tuner, 6637, LT285/75R16E Duratracs, 2003 40/20/40, 2005 cupholder, 2005-07 front end, Sirius Starmate 3
Old 04-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Posting Legend

I think we should plan something, I would love to check out this stuff. Lets try to get something for a weekend where there is a few guys available, you guys in?

Old 04-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Freshman User

Most definatley. Perhaps bringing some tents and a BBq wouldn't be a bad Idea. I have a BC backroads map book that I'll look at tonight and I'll ask the guys from www.bc4x4.com for some info.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:28 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Love to go but I work weekends. It's great working 34.5 hrs and getting paid for 40 but I miss having my weekends. It seems everything good happens on the weekends.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 04-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Posting Legend

Never know zip, maybe we can arrange for something not on a weekend, or a long weekend or something. Hey tohi, where did you find a bc backroads map? I need to get one!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Freshman User

Went to Chapters in Langley and if they don't have it they can bring it in for you. Got the one for Vancouver, Coast and Mountains

http://backroadmapbooks.com/index1.php?series=bm
Old 04-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia

Tags
creek, forest, hale, road, service