6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Dually or no Dually

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Percys Armory
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elemint
If you do not tow then only a fool would get a dually. Besides they look stupid.
yer truck looks stupid

Old 05-05-2007, 09:44 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
. . . only a fool would get a dually. . . Besides they look stupid.
Especially when they're lifted!

Dually owners are just ignant! For shame!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:15 AM
firehawk198
Elder User
Angry where are your manners

If you do not tow then only a fool would get a dually. Besides they look stupid.
You may not like the looks of a dually, that is your opinion. I wouldn't say your truck looks stupid, I think that was a unintelligent statement to make. Myself I like the looks of a dually. You do not need a dually just to tow. A lot of 250 & 350SRW tow some pretty big trailers too. Oh by the way where are the pics of your truck?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Percys Armory
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EnviroCon
Especially when they're lifted!

Dually owners are just ignant! For shame!
that thing made me laugh

Old 05-05-2007, 10:42 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend

For one it is not foolish to have a dually. Like I had said in one of my post they coner better and handle a load much better then a single wheel set up.

Plus if you are in mud or snow. I rather have a dually. Better grip all away around.

Please explain why it is foolish to have a dually.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:27 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dually actually gives you less traction in snowy conditions, distributes the weight better which puts less weight on each tire therefore giving you less traction, counter act that by always running good tires, its tough to spend the money sometimes but tires are something that is very important not to cheap out on

Old 05-05-2007, 05:43 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
dually actually gives you less traction in snowy conditions, distributes the weight better which puts less weight on each tire therefore giving you less traction, counter act that by always running good tires, its tough to spend the money sometimes but tires are something that is very important not to cheap out on
I all ways have weight in the back of any truck during the snow. If you let a little air out of the tires you can get the same effect. And like you said have good tires.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:15 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

ah yeah, i never put any weight in mine, just gets in the way when i need to haul stuff

Old 05-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Level2
Posting Guru
If I'm repeating anything in this post I'm sorry but I didn't have time to read all the responses. Duallies are great for towing and I love the looks of them but I'm on my 3rd and I have also had several SRWs and I will never buy another Dually again. If you don't need to pull the weight then there is no advantage what-so-ever. Dually trucks ride rougher, use more fuel, cost more for tires, are helpless in 2 wheel drive if its slick or wet, don't track well in the mud or snow, hard to see around, hard to park in spots, and a lot of other handi-caps with them but they do look good. I've had a 95 Dodge 3500 DRW V10, a 95 F350 PSD CC 4x2 DRW and I currently have a 2000 F350 CC 4x4 DRW Lariat. I much prefer my SRW trucks that I have had over the years.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Percys Armory
Posting Guru
luckily I haven't had thos problems with mine.
Originally Posted by Level2
If I'm repeating anything in this post I'm sorry but I didn't have time to read all the responses. Duallies are great for towing and I love the looks of them but I'm on my 3rd and I have also had several SRWs and I will never buy another Dually again. If you don't need to pull the weight then there is no advantage what-so-ever. Dually trucks ride rougher, use more fuel, cost more for tires, are helpless in 2 wheel drive if its slick or wet, don't track well in the mud or snow, hard to see around, hard to park in spots, and a lot of other handi-caps with them but they do look good. I've had a 95 Dodge 3500 DRW V10, a 95 F350 PSD CC 4x2 DRW and I currently have a 2000 F350 CC 4x4 DRW Lariat. I much prefer my SRW trucks that I have had over the years.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Level2
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Percys Armory
luckily I haven't had thos problems with mine.
You must live in an area where you never get snow over 3 inches deep and the pavement never gets slick when it rains or ever take your truck off the pavement then cuz they all do it. Everyone knows that the dually tires dont get crap for traction cuz they dont have as much pressure on each tire for traction in snow or rain and the rear tires aren't in line with the front tires so if you drive in any good amount of snow they rear end wants to wander around cuz its hitting all the snow displaced by the front tires. And in the rural area I live in, all the 2 lane black tops are rutted from heavy trucks and tractors and it makes the rear end of the truck wander all over cuz the tires keep tryin to fall off in the rutts.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
level 2,good points
However how are they in snow,rain etc if you have a load in back or pullin a trailer? I`m also worried about the wife tearin a fender off when she drives

Hanklin

Old 05-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Percys Armory
Posting Guru
we get snow up here, and any vehicle will slip when rain first falls. I had a srw truck that was loose in rain

Old 05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Level2
Posting Guru
Well any vehicle can get loose when its slick when the power overcomes the traction available but dually trucks are worse especially when you get the low end grunt of a diesel or a healthy big block but what I'm getting at is that there is no advantage to dually wheels if you don't need it for pulling a big nose heavy trailer. Extra tires to buy, less traction, hard to park, wont hardly fit through a drive through window at a bank, or driving in the weather. Of course having weight in the back improves the traction but not to the extent that its better than a SRW. I had to pull a 24' gooseneck up a steep driveway with my 95 DRW CC F350 PSD and I couldn't make it so I had to come back with my 2001 SRW CC F350 PSD to get up the hill and it was just gravel....the duallys wouldnt bite in hard enuff even with a brand new set of Firestone Destination M/Ts on it and I have cheapo Durango M/Ts on the 2001. Just chewed a bunch of the lugs off my new Firestones. After having had the 3 duallies over the last 10 or 12 years, I don't think I will buy another one unless the price is just too good to pass up. Ive had a lot better luck with my SRW trucks.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

your duallies are 2 wheelers right? cause i'd only buy a 4x4 dually, just pop it in 4low and your set

Quick Reply: Dually or no Dually