Sponsored by:

ABS brake light comes on

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 07:20 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ABS brake light comes on

My 90 XLT with 94k has a strange "problem." If the vehicle is idling for a while with the a/c on in the hot Florida sun, and it gets hot, not overheating or anything, just hot, then the ABS light and brake light comes on. If you turn the truck off and back on it goes away. I'm sure the brakes are fine, I wasn't even using them while the truck was idling, so I'm not really worried about this. Both front and rear brakes have less than 10k on them. I'm just wondering why this might happen, and if there is anything I can do to make it stop happening. Has anybody else ever seen this, or is it just part of my Bronco's "personality?"

Old 08-09-2001, 09:04 PM
Riso79
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS brake light comes on

Old 08-10-2001, 01:25 AM
Riso79
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS brake light comes on

Well as you know Broncos just do wierd stuff sometimes. My 93 XLT did that occasionally. When I would start it the ABS and or brake light would stay on I would re-start the truck and every thing would be fine. I had the gears replaced and had a new ABS sensor fitted in and it has never done this again. The ABS sensor was at the top of the rear differential. It was about $20 dollars at the dealership. This may have just been a coincidence but I have not had this problem for about 6 months now.

Old 08-10-2001, 09:07 AM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ABS brake light comes on

I'm going to check into replacing the sensor. Anybody else have experience with this thing?