Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Junior User

HorseyHauler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Remove F250 Super Cab Back Seat?

Just bought a new 2007 F250, SC. Anyone remove the back seat yet? Need the room for the dogs and stuff.

Looking for the level of difficulty to be less than the benefit.

Thx - HH
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Senior User

96psdkris is starting off with a positive reputation.
Its not hard at all just be carefull with the plastic covers covering the bolts in the front. The are held on with a metal ring that pops onto the head of the bolt and they will break easily. If you never plan to re-install rip those things off. Other than that simple job.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Junior User

HorseyHauler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Back Seat Removal

Thx. I will look at it this weekend. The weather forecast is sunny and 70s for Sunday, so time to fix if I screw it up.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Senior User

c.f.moore is starting off with a positive reputation.
I removed mine a couple years ago. Put in a hinged flat platform with storage underneath. Put in a backwall (cutout for powerslider motor) carpeted the backwall, platform, and storage sides.

I keep all my towing accessories, jacks, flares, tools, etc. under the platform. I use the platform for carring wood projects, extra power tools, and the dog and cat while traveling. It's a lot more functional for me than the original leather seat.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Senior User

112233 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
you got LEATHER???? in the last 4 trucks we owned, and all the company units that the boss got us....GGRRRR... they all had PLEATHER a.k.a. fake, man made leather..
can you say vinyl. seats? sad dis-appointment for a luxury (lariat) truck.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Senior User

BullDog24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
they are not very easy, take out the pass side first youll need a 18mm socket and wrench then youll need a t40 to pull the racks out, once you get the pass side out it will be so much easier
2006 F-250 4 DR LARIAT SB 4X4 6.0L PSD FULLY LOADED SUNROOF TOW PKG HYPERWHITE HEADLIGHTS STEALTH REVERSE LIGHTS IN DASH PORTABLE MP3 PLAYER 35" NITTO TERRA GRAPLERS LAPTOP STAND CAT DELETE MUFFLER DELETE 6" EXHAUST STACKS

AMERICAN BY BIRTH SOUTHERN BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Old 04-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior User

bigskymt is starting off with a positive reputation.
CF Moore.. could you post some pics? It sounds like you made that rear area very functional. I just ordered the vinyl floor for my 99 and will be ripping the rear seat and carpet out and putting down a dynamat type deadner on the floor. It will be much easier to get the dog hair, dirt, mud etc.. out of there with vinyl flooring.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Senior User

jwd1475 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I took mine out as soon as I got the truck. It wasn't to bad to take out, about 1/2 hour. I left the seat back atached and covered it with a cover from cabelas. My dog spends alot of time back there and during duck season he gets pretty messy.It gives him alot more room to move around and the factory seat stays nice and clean in my attic.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Postmaster

BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseyHauler
Thx. I will look at it this weekend. The weather forecast is sunny and 70s for Sunday, so time to fix if I screw it up.
welcome !!
where in Il are you?
I have a supercab as well
I have tools and some basic experience
bob
02 F-350 lariat srw,supercab longbed 4x4 FX4
[i][color=blue]Transgo Tugger II, TRU-COOL 4739, AFE stage II intake, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2005, 2006, 2007, back, cab, disassemble, dog, f250, ford250, rear, removal, remove, removing, seat, super