6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

No FX4 for me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Bobmarlin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No FX4 for me...

Well I went to the dealer yesterday to give him a check for 500 bones (good faith deposit I think they called it) to get the order moving and they did exactly what I told my wife on the way there that they would do. The gave me a ridiculous trade in price for my 06 (29K) after I had it appraised at the very same dealer 3 weeks ago and the number was 32K at that time. They suggested that I hand over another 1500 dollars at time of delivery even though we had agreed to 2500 total out of pocket (plus Ford's $1,000 owner loyalty money) the day before. This was going to change the monthly by over 100 dollars and that was NOT the original deal. I am not one to suffer being treated like a fool so I walked even though it crushed me to not get my dream truck I will just have to keep my perfectly fine 06 which is not a bad thing I suppose. I had a gut feeling they were going to try something stupid and boy was I right. Sucks to be me...

Last edited by Bobmarlin; 04-25-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
spatel23
Senior User
That stinks, Hopefully they'll call you back in and hold up their end of the original bargain or at least meet you half way.
good luck

Old 04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Bobmarlin
Senior User
That's what I am hoping too. I still cannot understand how the trade-in value changed by $3,000 as I went to Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com) and it books as a trade for $31,600 so who knows what their thinking is. I know that I will not move from the original deal so we'll see...

Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
they will never give you 30k for a used 6.0 they cant sell it for that amount, the word is out on the 6.0 everyone knows they are junk. I had mine listed in the truck trader for 3 months not one call and mine is in mint cond.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
kimminau2
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Junk? I don't have a 6.0 but I have read at least 9:1 that have had no problems and like the 6.0. But who knows there is some fool running around calling the 6.4 junk and he has never even driven one much less owned one. But what am I thinking? Just wait until it is out of warranty.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tn mac
they will never give you 30k for a used 6.0 they cant sell it for that amount, the word is out on the 6.0 everyone knows they are junk. I had mine listed in the truck trader for 3 months not one call and mine is in mint cond.
Your not alone buddy......But I had a (1 year old)2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey, leather, Shaker500, Interior Upgrade package, and everyother option....it only had 14k miles and I was only asking $1k more than the KBB private seller value. Never once got a call in the four months it was listed in AutoTrader, Pheonix Paper, Luke AFB Base paper.......ended up getting a good trade though. Thats how it is some times.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
KIM
your numbers are not even close the 6.0 has so many problems ford is in a law suit with navistar over warranty dollars, if it was 9 to 1 good to bad ratio there would be no lawsuit. the engine is eating fords lunch, thus the lawsuit. unless you have owned a 7.3 and had the fuel econ. and dependability you really cant understand what it is like to own a real powerstroke.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
kimminau2
Elder User
10%? 1 out of every 10 is a HUGE number. In reality the number that truly had major problems is probably closer to 2 or 3 %. That is still big dollars don't get me wrong. And I was referring to posters on this forum. We all recognize that you have had a bad one, but like I said, from what I have read the vast majority of the posters on this forum like their 6.0.
I will agree that someone will not get KBB on their trade in unless they are paying sticker price for the new vehicle.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
ALSO I think most posters on the web are casual users not those who use there trucks for work, most of the people I know that have had problems are other contractors.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
kimminau2
Elder User
The majority of all buyers are as you say "casual users".

Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Big Sky Rancher
Senior User
That stinks, Bob. It's not even just about the money. It is about them saying one thing, getting you in to buy based on that then switching things around; bad business.

My last vehicle purchase nearly went the same way. The dealer I wanted to buy from had a little higher price so I asked them to throw in a set of factory heavy duty floor mats, to which they agreed.

The day came to get the vehicle and the dealer gets amnessia about the mats and say all he can do is to give them to me for cost. I had just been dropped off so I called my ride back then and there and said you better come pick me up.

Salesman says "do you mean to tell me that you are going to walk away from this deal because we won't give you the mats?". I threw it back at him and said do you mean to tell me you are going to renege on the deal you made with me and lose this sale over a set of floor mats???

I got the deal I bargained for, but it sucked having to take them to the mat to get it.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Bobmarlin
Senior User
Big Sky that is EXACTLY why I walked. It is a matter of principle and nothing more. The deal was basically done already as I had been to dealer working this out at least 5-6 times in the past few weeks and then a quick change at the end which was to get a little more money out of me for some reason. I had been hammering away at the price with them pretty good but not rude or anything like that.

The MSRP on the truck was $49,800 and I was going to pay just under $46,000 which is not horrible but not great either. In the end I guess it was not meant to be I suppose. Too bad as I have purchased 2 new vehicles (including my current 6.0) from this same dealer in the past 16 months and will never buy from them again.

BTW...I love the way you turned it on them by asking if they were willing to lose a deal over some floormats. Classic!

Last edited by IB Tim; 04-26-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
ramsey_71
Senior User
That's insane Bob. It's a shame when you walk in a place of business to spend your hard earned dollars and they can't even keep their word. I'm just 23 years old and in college so I have a hard time getting a salesman to take me seriously. I damn sure wouldn't let one back up on their word. You and Big Sky Rancher have the right idea, if the dealer don't have the honesty and integrity to stick to their word, it's time to spend your money somewhere else. Sorry about your luck.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
firehawk198
Elder User
Bob, find another dealer. I’ve gone through the same thing with dealers. My local chevy dealer that had changed ownership did the same thing to me. Ended up getting my deal after 2 hours of brutal haggling for an Avalanche( for my wife). When I went to trade in my 99 the our closest dealer to me offered me 9 because it was a v10 stick. My original 99 truck dealer said they would not give me a trade amount until the new 450 came in because it could be 12-16 weeks. Found another local dealer that was honest and up front. Offered me kelly blue book of 11,800 ended up negotiating settling at 13,000 and 500 over dealer invoice, 1000 loyalty and 300 small business rebates. Took 9 weeks for it to come in. Now I am a super happy 450 owner. Search for some more dealers and bring in the checkbook, you are the boss!

Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tn mac
....the word is out on the 6.0 everyone knows they are junk.
tn mac, if you are going to pollute the thread with general comments like this...yet again...I am going to remove your posts or lock the thread.

You and I have discussed your "all 6.0s are junk " claims many times over the years. You have a penchant for making claims like this whether direct, subtle, or implied. Please cease and desist.

Thanks

Quick Reply: No FX4 for me...