Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

VA Tech shootings

Old 04-16-2007, 01:41 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
VA Tech shootings

I am really sorry to hear about this....guys May god speed those those that were killed.....

Just as important right now is if you can donate blood, the hospitables are going to need it with all the injuries from this tragic event....

Truly a sad day...

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sincerest regards from your canuck friends!! heard it on the radio, deeply saddening.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Thanks guys for the posts. Yes it is a truly sad day indeed. I can only hope and pray that it doesn't happen again to anyone else. It's just a senseless, stupid act of violence that unfortunately, everyone has to be on guard for. You can never anticipate anything like this, nor is anyone ever prepared for something as horrible as this. So many lives wasted.............. for nothing..................

WHY?

Henry. Va Chapter Member

Old 04-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Outlawwv
Senior User
deepest sympathy -- i'm going to get my concealed weapon permit application next week -- maybe if four or five people pointed a gun back at him things would have been different -- i'm upset and pissed off -- senseless

Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 PM
clloyd53
New User
My heart goes out to all the students that were killed and there families. And as a disabled person I feel for those that were physically and mentally wounded or crippled for life.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:26 PM
RynL88
Senior User
I truly want to thank you all for your concern. I think most of us here are still unaware of the magnitude of the situation we are going through. It just still feels like a bad dream, and that if I could only wake up.. I could go back to class as if nothing happened. I'm not sure when the reality will really set in, until then I keep myself busy driving a transit bus, assisting others to and from various events held in and around campus.

I'v been here for 5 years and will graduate in about 3 weeks. It really touches me to be able to go onto the various message boards that I am a member of and see what an impact this event has had on the World and the support it gives us. We have such a tight-knit community here, but when the President and Governor comes at a moments notice, we know we are not alone in our questions and sadness.

I did not directly know anyone who's name has been released so far, but I'm afraid that may change as more information is released. You don't realize how hard it is to catch up with all your friends until something like this happens. I myselft can't imagine what it must feel like to be a part of the victims families and best friends.

I think that the administration here did a fine job with the information they had at the time. It's easy to point fingers from hind-sight, but rest assured the University did have the students best interest in mind with the decisions they made. As mentioned before, now really isn't the time to search for someone to blame, lets focus on the victims. It really moved me to see president Steger get a standing ovation before his speech at the convocation this afternoon. It was obvious he truly needed that, and he was greatful to know that we the students support him in every way in such hard times. He is a great man!

Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts and Prayers,

Ryan Lutman
Senior, Agriculture and Applied Economics
Virginia Tech

Old 04-20-2007, 10:49 PM
johnbane
New User
Cool

It is really horrible that some idiot would have to do this. I live in Newport News and am no loger directly affected by this. I do have great memories of being there wher my brother attended in `85. I've only been back a few times since mainly because my brother did not go back the next year. Partied out the first. I do know many who have been there for thir full terms and are now Alumni that I know are just as mad as a baby who dropped his baby bottle.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected.
GO HOKIES
John

Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 PM
88FordF-150
Elder User
I feel for everyone that this directly affects. This has made me sad, and also mad.. I see no reasoning in this type of action, as if this was the only way to handle his situation. I dont get it.. The "terrorist" says that he was forced to kill these people? KILL?? What ever happened to good old fashion bareknuckle boxing? My dad said back in his dad if someone messed with you or "tormented" you, you slugged it out for a little while, and moved on, no one died, and it let you get your anger out. Anyone can pick up a gun, but it takes a man to put it back down......