1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

waterless car wash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 PM
raerjim
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wayne, that's the polisher that I have. It works terrific. For more involved work I have a 9" Makita orbital buffer with different pads. I have found with the P/C polisher that the 6 1/2" Meguiars burgundy colored foam pad be the most versatile. They make different textured pads for different objectives, like the compounds. Can't help ya with a store, I get my stuff from a local detail supply shop. My Son is a pro detailer.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM
brucewolff
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
.....Mr. Clean car wash system ....... 2nd neat thing about it is that the sprayer has a "final rinse" setting where water pressure forces the water thru a resin deionizer/filter. The water that comes out is pure enough that it doesn't need to be toweled off -- no spotting!
Maybe this works where you live, but, up here in the rust belt with our hard water I got water spots using the Mr. Clean car wash system.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
StevenK
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been wondering about the Mr Clean system. So it really does dry spotless with no toweling?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StevenK
I've been wondering about the Mr Clean system. So it really does dry spotless with no toweling?
Sort of. It ain't show quality. But it is expensive enough that you should expect it to be. I only used it once. That was enough.

I think if you used a garden sprayer with some (dishwasher) "Jet Dry" in it, you would get the same results.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
or use a nozzle on the hose that has a soft, fine "rainshower or mist" setting. Hold it so it sprays at a flat angle to the panel and the water will sheet off rather than forming beads. I then go over it with a California squeegee, and can finish dry a whole car with one handtowel sized microfiber towel.