Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2007, 06:48 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Good News from Oregon

http://www.portlandonline.com/water/...37469&a=154069

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
wow thats cool, glad to hear it, wish more cities would start that, I do know iowa of coarse pushes using E85 in the states gas powered vehicles but I am not sure on the diesel vehicles although they are pushing renewable fuels and pushing to make this state energy independent, or at least energy neutral

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Senior User

Murphy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sweet!!!!!

Yellow stone national park has been using biodiesel for over 10 years!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:37 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
The City of Portland also passed a law that all commercial diesels use at least B-5, and the state has a fleet of E-85 cars that is growing fast.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Senior User

Murphy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
The City of Portland also passed a law that all commercial diesels use at least B-5, and the state has a fleet of E-85 cars that is growing fast.
I'm actually surprised that more cities have not done that..

If every city used just 10% biofuel, we might actually see a small effect on the over all fuel industry..

Ok.. maybe not.. but it would be a big a$$ step in the right direction..
Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
if they went to mandating 2% biodiesel for all on road use nationwide, class 8 trucks alone would save 1,460,000,000 approx. gallons per year of dino fuel, that doesn't include the class 7 and smaller commercial vehicles or the light duty private vehicles or motor homes that use diesel. no imagine if it was the same as ethonal at 10%

Edit to add, that is actually an old number based on fuel usage by class 8 trucks a few years ago I think the current number is actually 50%+ higher.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.

Last edited by monsterbaby; 04-21-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 PM