Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Senior User

Murphy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For Beginners, How to collect Oil

Whew.. finally finished it..

This should be a good article for newbies.

If anyone disagrees with any of what I wrote, please speak up. As always, I'm open to suggestions.

Staff note: Link to your commercial site removed. See guidelines.

Last edited by FTE Ken; 05-29-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Elder User

pbr man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Some good info there. A lot of things to think about when working on a good source of oil. Thanks.
Eric 1999 F350 4x4 Super Duty, Crew Cab Long Bed,7.3 Diesel, 6 speed, 4'' Diamond Eye exhaust, 4040 Aeroturbine, Dipricol Optix-boost and pyrometer, AIH delete, Hutch and harpoon, Tuff Country Add a Leaf

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner-liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Post Fiend

horsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputation
Great article! One of my coworkers is just starting to research making his own fuel from wvo. I'll turn him on to your article. Good job!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Senior User

bio-d is starting off with a positive reputation.
Also checkout www.biodieselcommunity.org and www.plantdrive.com for oil collection info.
Mike
Old 04-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio-d
Also checkout www.biodieselcommunity.org and www.plantdrive.com for oil collection info.
Mike
CAUTION!!!!!
What software is plantdrive.com attempting to install into my computer?????

MY VIRUS PROTECTION LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

CAUTION!!!!

www.biodieselcommunity.org is a very good site.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Senior User

Gun-Driver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Murph,
I think your information on the gas trash pump is a little skewed. Iíve been using one for about a year now and I believe if you have a sizeable amount of oil to collect itís the fastest and neatest way to go.
First almost all trash pumpís are self priming, I havenít had to prime my pump since the first initial prime. I have pumped oil when the temperatures were in the single digits. (I do use a heating element attached to an extension cord in the winter to make it go faster) but I have pumped some thick paste. Also you donít have to worry about the pump clogging it pumps the crispyís and all.
Second you can get a good gas pump for less than $200.00, I paid $180.00 for mine at Tractor Supply. You will pay at least that for a good vacuum pump, and then you will still have to manufacture the tank set up.
Third it is very neat. I have fittings in the ends of both hoses, so all I have to do is back in drop the tail gate put the suction hose in the 55gal drum I provided. Put the push hose in the barrel in my truck and start the pump. (And it is fairly quiet) My pump will pump at idle so itís easy to control the flow rate. Then when Iím done all I have to do is wipe the oil off the hose with a rag or paper towel put the cap on the fitting in the end of the hoseís so no oil dripís out and close the tailgate and away I go. No fuss no mess.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Senior User

Gun-Driver, where are you located?
I listen to all comments and your's will be counted also.

I'd like to know the make and model of your trash pump.. got a photo of your setup?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior User

Gun-Driver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Murph,
Sorry for the late reply. I'm in western Pa. The pump's brand name is Champion, I'm not sure of the GPM on it but I have it bushed down to 1" hose for easier handling. I'm out of town on business for a week when I get back I'll try to get a photo for you.

Last edited by Gun-Driver; 04-26-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Senior User

MLCRI$I$ II is starting off with a positive reputation.
Super Sucker Oil Pump

The SS looks easy enough from the picture. Can you provide any more details on the 12 volt vacuum pump (brand, where available, size, etc.) and the 'plumbing' portion of the assembly? How long does it take to draw vacuum on a 10, 20, 40 gallon tank? THANKS.

Last edited by FTE Ken; 05-29-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Senior User

I've gotten lots of request for info on cheap vacuum pumps.. I've been looking into it.. Ebay is the best place..

Admin Note: removal of commercial conten

been having computer problems.. I hope this post goes ok..

Last edited by FTE Ken; 05-29-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Senior User

So far the vacuum pump issue has been to find a 12 VOLT unit, not the price. Everything I've found is 120 VOLT AC.

Last edited by FTE Ken; 05-29-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Senior User

Have you tried an inverter?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Senior User

I may have to try that. I also have a very small 2 stroke generator, but it's noisey. I sure would like see some plans on the 'plumbing' part of the tank other than just the photo. Can you direct me where to look for them? Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:31 PM
New User

big nate is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just want to know how to read an article, I am already signed in.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by big nate
I just want to know how to read an article, I am already signed in.
Huh??????????

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
12, biodiesel, collect, hose, oil, pump, sucker, super, tanker, trash, truck, trucks, vacuum, volt, wvo