Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Radiator Woes - 2001 SVT Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:42 PM
silversvt01
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Radiator Woes - 2001 SVT Lightning

Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me with a radiator problem. While getting scheduled maintenance (oil change) someone topped off the existing radiator fluid (green) with the newer type of fluid (orange) and now my radiator is full of sludge and the radiator is clogged and overheating. My mechanic friend flushed with clean water three times and now has a cleaner in it, but he says the radiator needs to be boiled out to get it clean and that the machines at the dealerships used to flush them won't unclog the radiator.

Two questions:

Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so how did you fix it?

How hard is it to remove the radiator? This is my son's truck and I'm trying to help him out (his mom).

Thanks for any help.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Short of replacing the radiator, I'd find a local radiator shop in your city and ask them if they are capable of doing the procedure your mechanic friend described.

Stewart

Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Who filled it with that extra junk? Was it a jiffy lube type place or the dealership?