Sponsored by:

Valve Couver Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 05:54 PM
88BroncoXLT
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valve Couver Gaskets

Wow What a blast that is. I have had the 88 with the 5.8 for three weeks and that wst the most fun I have had in a long time. Here is the question. The plastic vaccume hoses that run from the egr and others to the intake busted. How well will rubber hoses work or do I need to use the plastic. The local Parts Store has both. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-07-2001, 06:37 PM
restorit
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Valve Couver Gaskets

I've used rubber hoses as a replacement for the plastic capillary tubes with no problems. I like the fact that the rubber lines don't get brittle and crack. The only drawback is that you're pretty much stuck with black, whereas the plastic lines from the factory are colored, and easier to trace in diagrams. (I used colored PVC electrical tape to mark the rubber lines appropriately, so I can at least still make use of that nice decal Ford stuck on my truck's radiator support).

Old 11-07-2001, 07:26 PM
88BroncoXLT
Freshman User
Valve Couver Gaskets

my decal is gone but the tape is a great idea. Thanks for that.

Old 11-14-2001, 11:13 PM
hipropos
Junior User
Valve Couver Gaskets

this is a little late post to marking the hoses. what i have done to all my black hoses. You can get one of those kits to put on braded hoses with clamps for a high price, or.
What i did is went to home depo, they have shrink wrap hoses for covering wires and such in verious sizes and lots of colors. and very cheap, just a few dollors.
i pulled one hose at a time, slid the shrink wrap over it and hit it with a heat gun, dont use the hair dryer it dont work. and man what a difference it made with the way under the hood looks. and it really helps in tracing lines and helps prevent leaks and weatherin of the lines.
just my little input,
and for lost nuts and bolts stay out of the auto stores and go to ace!

Old 11-15-2001, 04:12 PM
honney
Elder User
Valve Couver Gaskets