Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

Have You Quit Smoking Yet! PART 1

Old 04-14-2007, 08:39 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Thumbs up Have You Quit Smoking Yet! PART 1

I know a few of you guys that smoke probably want to quit. Well maybe some of us former smokers can offer some inspiration.

Maybe that inspiration will be enough for YOU to quit also.

I will start. I have been smoke free for almost 6 years.

I smoked for the worst part of 30 years. Cigarettes, then I thought I would try something a "little less harmful", a pipe.

I ignored the effects that casual smoking may have had on my wife and children.

I ignored the effects it was having on me. Besides being addicted to the urge to smoke, I developed this nagging, hacking cough. Was that enough to quit?

Well not for me because I knew it would go away sometime. Well it didn't. It wasn't allergies or a cold it was smoking that dang pipe.

Then as luck would have it for me, my daughter gave birth to my first grandson. He sure was a joy to me. Someone to spoil rotten, spend my money on and to watch him grow up.

Well, to make a long story short, my daughter said that my new grandson couldn't come over to my house to spend the night because of the smoke environment that was created by me. It wasn't going to be enough for me to go outside my home when then visited to smoke. Realizing now that it was her way of getting me to quit because she loves me.

Because of the birth of my grandson, I promised my family I would quit. It wasn't easy. You will not be able to quit because you want to. You will need help.

Whether it be pills, a patch or the nicorette gum, get the help, the crutch so to speak, and get the job done.

When you think you are going to die because you don't have a smoke, just remember you will die if you do smoke!

BTW, the nagging hacking cough was gone completely in two weeks after quitting. I am told that the body has a miraculous way of healing itself if you stop early enough.

In all of this dialog, not once have I mentioned the monetary aspects of smoking. You know what that is to feed the habit, pack a day at $3.50/pack. Hmmm that's a smart sum to be spent on mods for your truck.

Let's hear some more inspiration from the guys who have quit.

AND LET'S HEAR FROM THE GUYS WHO ARE GOING TO QUIT!

Old 11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Brenda you're the shining star, to these F'ers.

Congrats on X14!!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Good girl Brenda!

PM's cleared, thanks.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Foxxy
lil ms. innocent
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya know...yesterday and today have been difficult. I am ready to go light up. Is it all that bad? I just need to detox! My boss is an *******! And stressing me big time and I have no relief! WTF?!?! I'm going to slip guys!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 PM
savage2211
Post Fiend
Breand, You have done good so far. Don't let that A$$ make you go backwards..You can make it girl..

Old 11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Foxxy
lil ms. innocent
I'm really really craving....would it be so hard to have just one....just to kill the edge? I'm serious...I'm jonsing!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:36 PM
savage2211
Post Fiend
well , I quit and went 6 weeks without one. Got stresed out and did the same thing.I had 1 thinking thats all i need. well i'm stuck smoking 2 packs a day again.. Please don't do it....

Old 11-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

No. You smoke one and then you think "well that didn't matter, no effect at all." Then that becomes the justification to smoke the next one. I had quit once before, for six months and thought it was over. Smoked one cigarette and with in ten days I was back at it full time for another twenty years!

Please, hang in there. Go with the gum, or licorice or beef jerky or anything else but smokes! Please.

And believe me, I DO know what you are feeling right now!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
I have stopped 3 or 4 times the longest was 1 1/2 yrs. I to, like you Brenda had major stress. (first marriage) The bottom line is, every time I went back. I smoked more than before I stopped. Notice I never once said quit. I don't believe you ever actually quit. Be strong sweety. You can do it. I know I shouldn't be one to talk b/c I am still smoking BUT, I won't be for long. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you. Hows that for pressure? hehehe

Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Foxxy
lil ms. innocent
Yeah, thanks for the pressure. Well, I almost grabbed on from my glove box...but I didn't. I'm trying not to but I am really craving. Dangit! You guys are too great! I think I'll make it through the evening. Might have to get some more nico gum tomorrow to get me through being around all those smokers tomorrow at the cruise. Thanks guys!!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Good for you!!!

Hang in there Brenda, this thing is doable. Not easy but soooooooooo worth it!!

You are great and you are setting an example that a lot of people may benefit from.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Foxxy
lil ms. innocent
Thank you but I'm so freaking miserable right now i don't even like myself! You're such a sweetheart....actually....all of you are!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Brenda I quit in March. Believe me I know exactly how you feel right now. All I can tell you is that it will get easier. Promise.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:03 PM
savage2211
Post Fiend
Good Girl Brenda. Hang in there =)

Old 11-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Foxxy
lil ms. innocent
I'm trying guys...thanks for supporting me. I don't want to let anyone down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have You Quit Smoking Yet! PART 1