Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Wish me luck

Old 04-13-2007, 05:07 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish me luck

Sat mornin I'm going to a friends place (read: someone who knows what they're doing, which I ain't) and yanking all the stuff off the top of the engine, the valve covers, and replacing the injectors.
Got the new stuff sitting here with the new chip to run them.
The bummer is I had an injector go out.
The upshot is I get to upgrade.
My math says when we light it up again I'll be about 500/1100 at the flywheel. I reckon that'll tug a trailer.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:55 AM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Well that sounds like alot of fun!!! I will be needing the luck on Monday as that is when I will be firing up my rebuilt 390 for the first time!!!!

-Jake

Old 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Good luck guys!

Old 04-14-2007, 08:57 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Jseim - you tell me how yours went and Ill tell ya mine
or you can just read the thread in the 99-03 section
we be good

Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
TwelveAlpha how did it go? Hopefully all went well.

Sorry to disapoint you guys, but I'll start mine tomorrow. I had to fab up some "go pedal" linkage as what I needed and what I had were two completely different things. Such is life......

-Jake

Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Well I'm ahead o you I guess.
It go good. Not bad at all. 4 hours, including screwin around time. New spitters in, by today, all the air seems to be out of the system, so at idle its so smooth you'd swear there was a happy cat in there. Touch the pedal, its more like an angry lion. I dig it.
With the tunes, I can drive around real nice nice or I can guarantee that I'll be the only guy who leaves the stoplight (if you can't see, you can't go forward, right? :-) or anywhere in between.
I used to think 22 lbs of boost was getting up there. Now I gotta be careful, my meter pegs at 30 so I dont know where I'm at and you get a SES light at 26 anyway.
Best drive nice I guess.
(or get a gauge that reads higher!)

Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
It's always a good feeling when you make a mod and it runs like a raped ape!!!!

I had it running today, but only for a few seconds as I have a pesky fuel leak to get taken care of. I've been battleing gas leaks for the last few days and it's getting old. I always think I got them fixed and I come back in 5 min and there's gas all over again!!! It wouldn't be so bad, but this gas has been in the tank since it was about $2.50 a gallon, so my cheap stuff is getting away!!!! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get all the leaks fixed and get the cam run in. I'm just glad I have a nice timing light because all we have at school are POS's!!!!!

-Jake

P.S. - A mild 390 with open headers and all the shop doors closed is LOUD!!!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Well guys,
I'm still fighting gas leaks . It keeps leaking on the dual feed line for the carb, so I'm going to borrow a different one from a friend to get this thing out of the shop at school!!!! I also found a nice water leak today. The thermostat slipped down in the housing when I put it in.....tightened the bolts up.......long story short - I broke my housing because the thermostat was slid down and I have massive strength. I'm glad to have a spare, but I still have to get it cleaned up and get it put on, etc.

I'm naming this truck "Blue Thunder" for now because when it does run that's what it sounds like!!!!

-Jake

Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Jeez, Jake, ya' gorilla! Better stop breaking stuff! Good to see you guys getting things done! I'm gonna have to get off my lazy butt and get the '67 home and do something with it.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Tell ya what. I'll give ya the best of both worlds. You can get things done, and still sit on your lazy butt. Just finance my mods.
:-)

Old 04-19-2007, 08:14 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
HA!!! Yea Pat, I know I have massive amounts of strength!!!

Anyway, got all the leaks stopped today and ran the cam in. This thing sounds like a beast. I'm anxious to drive it tomorrow and see how it goes!!!

12Alf, at this point I don't know if I could finance your mods - I have $1 without going to the bank!!!!

-Jake

Old 04-19-2007, 10:17 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
ifn it makes ya feel any better you're way ahead of me
Ahh, off to nitey nite, one more day of work, then I get to slack, er, no, listen to wife talk about clean this mow that move this go here . . . I need more work days.
*sigh*

Old 04-20-2007, 07:50 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by TwelveAlpha
Tell ya what. I'll give ya the best of both worlds. You can get things done, and still sit on your lazy butt. Just finance my mods.
:-)
lol! If I could do that, I'd be putting mods on my '06! Of course, there is that warranty issue. CBsuperduty has been trying to tempt me into a few mods. Maybe after the warranty is gone......

Old 04-20-2007, 05:49 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
You want temptation?
Sit in the passenger seat.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:04 AM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Got er home today!!! I definitly have a few small things to work out yet though. I have a vacuum leak and my timing isn't quite right. So it goes......I also overfilled the tranny so it was spewing out the dipstick right onto the header. I need to get some glasspacks or something on it to quiet it down so I can actually hear. It sounds pretty sweet but I think I need a bit of a stall convertor cause it doesn't really idle in gear at a stop. I'm thinking maybe my vacuum leak isn't helping that though. I guess we'll see.

I'm pretty happy with it though!!!!

-Jake

Search this Thread