Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

bassani info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:53 AM
special_k
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bassani info.

Hey,
I have a borla exhaust on my 02 L. I want to swap it for a bassani. Sound like a good idea? Also if anyone can tell me the cheapest place to get one it would be nice. Anyone wanna trade their bassani for a borla?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
My buddy put a Borla cat back on his Lightning. It sounded as quiet as the stock unit.

Check Lightning Force Performance for some pretty good prices. I ended up getting mine there a couple years ago, after shopping around for prices.

Stewart

Old 04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
special_k
Senior User
Unhappy

Yeah, its not very loud at all. For 500 bucks, I wanted a good sound. it would be great for a sleeper, but its not. Slightly different than stock but thats it.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:15 AM
tptrailblazer
New User
Bassani

Check out www.rpmoutlet.com . They have some good prices. They have a new system that uses long tube headers instead of the short tube Basanni uses. If I had it to do over again I would go with the long tubes.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 PM
special_k
Senior User
500 bucks, not fitting in my budget right now. Was thinking of doing straight pipes. At least until I buy some mufflers and put them on myself, maybe bassani racing mufflers? Anybody else do straight pipes on a lightning before?

Old 05-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
In my opinion, straight pipes (with nothing in between the headers and tips) sound like crap. L's need to have a muffler in place to sound decent.

Bassani's equal length headers are a really good product for trucks pushing between stock to moderate amounts of power. Unless you're going for sound, long tubes won't be a lot better than the Bassani headers until you're up around 550 - 600 hp.

That's not to say they are useless, they just really shine better over anything else when your power requires it.

BTW, I'd stay away from RPM Outlet. I know of one major SVT forum that has dropped RPM Outlet as a supporting vendor because of their continual lack of customer service, getting orders wrong, and making it difficult for customers to even rectify problems when they screw up a customers order. Plus they have a dubious practice of not telling a customer a part is back ordered, then after several weeks, when the customer continually inquires about their part, RPM Outlet will finally inform the customer it may be weeks (or sometimes months) before the part will even be in stock. Then, when the customer tries to cancel the order, RPM Outlet will charge them a restocking fee!! All of this on a part that was not in stock to begin with!

That's just wrong.

Stewart

Old 05-20-2007, 08:09 PM
cutlass79500
Freshman User
stay away from rpm outlet

stay away from rpm outlet. I wouldnt recomend to anyone i placed an order online with them got the conformation email waited a month for the parts contacted them by email no response .called them during normal business hours no answer .wrote them a nasty email nothing .i wated for several months finally went to my bank made sure they couldnt charge me for the parts before i ordered from another dealer .alout of crap to go thru for 1k worth of parts

Old 05-20-2007, 11:17 PM
tptrailblazer
New User
I guess every one has different experiences. Between my Pop and I we have spent thousands of dollars w/ RPM. We both have L's. We bought Diablos, pullys, intakes, traction bars, coils, boots, plugs, thermostats, belts, gages, exhust, and the list goes on from RPM. However, the last time I ordered from them I did get crap service from one guy. I just hung up and called back. I notice he answers the phone more lately, and I would definatly say only order from Kris and no one else. However every one has to decide if it is worth the risk.

As far as long verses short, I like the idea of the ability to grow. However, my truck does sound excellent with the Basanni Xtreem system (no cats $1600 @ RPM).

Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
special_k
Senior User
Thanks for warnings. but i'm in weird spot now, trying to get house going so i can move in. money is tight. i hate straight pipes, but i hate being one of the quietest trucks in town. i usually go with flowmaster, but i've heard that they actually are worse for the L's. I was thinking of straights and then buying universal race mufflers from bassani and putting them on the straights, just cut and weld.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Sandbar Norm
Junior User
Originally Posted by cutlass79500
stay away from rpm outlet. I wouldnt recomend to anyone i placed an order online with them got the conformation email waited a month for the parts contacted them by email no response .called them during normal business hours no answer .wrote them a nasty email nothing .i wated for several months finally went to my bank made sure they couldnt charge me for the parts before i ordered from another dealer .alout of crap to go thru for 1k worth of parts
I know this is an old post. I was looking for traction bars and this poped up.
I had the same problem with rpm. Great price but no product. After abunch of e-mail's and phone calls. They could not give me a tracking no. I had mine engine out and order new cop's that I wanted to put in before I put the engine back in. I canceled my order and bought motorcraft. Then a few mo.s later they showed up. Freebe but to late to install with engine out. I'll keep them for replacment or upgrade when I get a power adder. Norm

Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Sandbar Norm
Then a few mo.s later they showed up. Freebe but to late to install with engine out. I'll keep them for replacment or upgrade when I get a power adder. Norm
Actually Norm, they aren't a freebie. If you canceled your order and you received a refund from RPM Outlet, regardless of how badly RPM is run, you have in your possession property that doesn't belong to you.

You should return the COP's they sent you bro.

Stewart

Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 AM
Sandbar Norm
Junior User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Actually Norm, they aren't a freebie. If you canceled your order and you received a refund from RPM Outlet, regardless of how badly RPM is run, you have in your possession property that doesn't belong to you.

You should return the COP's they sent you bro.

Stewart
Your right, just as soon as they send me a per paid shipping slip.
Or I can pay to send them back and pay a restocking fee to.
It's there mistake. On there web site it states that you parts will be shipped in 2 days. I sent 5 or 6 e-mails and called them 5 or 6 time asking when I would received them. No body knew.
I needed my truck so I canceled my order with them. Contacted my credit card and reported it. They had already charged me for the parts. I had my truck back from the shop almost 2 mo.s before the parts showed up.
It took all most 3 mo.s before I received the parts.
I dont think I'm going to pay a dime to return them.
I would like to return them. It's the right thing to do but I'm not going to pay to return those parts. Norm

Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Sandbar Norm
I would like to return them. It's the right thing to do but I'm not going to pay to return those parts.
Norm, you had me at...
...just as soon as they send me a per paid shipping slip.
I agree with your whole post.

You pay a restocking fee for their mistake?

I don't think so.

You pay to send it back, when it's their mistake?

I don't think so.

Stewart

Old 05-15-2008, 10:40 AM
budribbs
New User
i have mac cat on mine 300$ nice sound